"True Grit" : The Remake!

My review of this is online now! :smiley:

Thanks a lot!

Made sure to drop a couple Spaghetti references in there when I could. :slight_smile:

I also posted on this in the Recently Watched Western thread: Solid movie with great acting, excellent setting and scenery, and a solid gun battle at the end. I also forgot to mention Barry Pepper’s performance was solid as well.

Also on a side note: Horror fans will enjoy seeing Jarlath Conroy as the Undertaker who starred in George Romero’s Day of Dead as William McDermott (the wily whiskey drinkin Irishman)

[quote=“Frank Talby, post:42, topic:1669”]I also posted on this in the Recently Watched Western thread: Solid movie with great acting, excellent setting and scenery, and a solid gun battle at the end. I also forgot to mention Barry Pepper’s performance was solid as well.

Also on a side note: Horror fans will enjoy seeing Jarlath Conroy as the Undertaker who starred in George Romero’s Day of Dead as William McDermott (the wily whiskey drinkin Irishman)[/quote]

I actually enjoyed Barry Pepper’s performance more than Brolin’s. HE should have been the main villain, in my opinion. Brolin was criminally underused in a role which was ineffectually-though, knowing the Coen’s, probably intentionally-written.