Title most deserving of a proper dvd release?

Which western has not been given a proper dvd release but should get it pronto? To make it difficult, 1 title only please.

What if it has already been released but it is now deleted? Would that count, if it does i would say THE MERCENARY/PROFESSIONAL GUN.

I’ve got a Japanese one but if mgm stuck it out in the States i’m sure it would be improved on (like NAVAJO JOE was) and i would double dip.

Quanto costa morire

Black Jack with english audio and widescreen.

Silver Saddle

Let’s hope someone does a fandub with this release

Totally agree with this one Ennio…I have english audio but widescreen would be something else. What a great film. Robert Woods is brilliant at playing these troubled characters and the supporting cast in this one are superb.

BTW the Indian totally lives up to my expectations of my inlaws who are descended from Cherokee stock. American mother in law etc etc. Just hope my kids got my genes.

Too tough to just name one…and those that have been named are all absolutely EXCELLENT candidates!

But, I would really have to say THE MERCENARY is the one I would most like to see done properly.

However, I must stress that it is just ONE of literally hundreds I would like to see given solid DVD releases (BLACK JACK is another, Tony Anthony’s STRANGER movies, BLOOD AT SUNDOWN, and on and on…).

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:8, topic:1097”]I would really have to say THE MERCENARY is the one I would most like to see done properly.

However, I must stress that it is just ONE of literally hundreds I would like to see given solid DVD releases (BLACK JACK is another, Tony Anthony’s STRANGER movies, BLOOD AT SUNDOWN, and on and on…).[/quote]

Yes sir…The Mercenary would be another great one deserving of a proper release. And I agree with you there are just too many to be able to name but one.

the mercenary would DEFINITELY top the list though :wink:

Well yeah I thought this but I have a bloody good copy and so perhaps there are some other great SWs that really desperately need to be improved.

if you think about it, there’s so much shit coming out every month in terms of spaghettis, we’re actually really lucky. the situation could be so much worse :wink:

Top of my list would be - Preparati la bara!(Django, Prepare a Coffin) - If there’s a proper release out there I haven’t seen it.

the german one is close to flawless, amigo.

right here:
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Preparati_la_bara!/DVD

I can’t count so: Black Jack and Quanto Costa Morire and Blood at Sundown which have already been mentioned above would be on my want-list… Il mercenario is my favourite spaghetti western but have technically been released already. Sure a nicer version (restored and in anamorphic ws) would be great though.

Regarding Silver Saddle, Koch Media should be releasing that one in the future so should come off this list. Didn’t care that much for the movie when I saw it though.

You can make your own widescreen of Black Jack by simply tinkering your own black bars for your TV. Make it removeable and you can use it for every open matte 1,33:1 version. :wink:

Back to topic.

Il mercenario, of course

Uncut version of A Minute to Pray, a Second to Die

El puro (please, please)

Are you sure Black Jack is open matte?

IMDB lists it as 2,35:1 and I’ve just watched the opening scene and find it a bit hard to believe, although all credits were visible:

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:18, topic:1097”]Are you sure Black Jack is open matte?

IMDB lists it as 2,35:1 and I’ve just watched the opening scene and find it a bit hard to believe, although all credits were visible:

Picture wise it looks much like the tape I just bought, the Dutch relase by Video Star. It could have been ripped from the same release, but since ther is no dialogue in that clip (no subs) it’s hard to judge. Source print looks the same though. I’ve only seen one other version, which was ripped from Dutch television. At one point RTL 5 apparently aired westerns every tuesday, a promo of that is included in the rip. That one is also fullscreen, but has crappy print quality.
IMDB can’t be trusted always when it comes to apsect ratios, but I somehow doubt that it’s an open matte.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:19, topic:1097”]Picture wise it looks much like the tape I just bought, the Dutch relase by Video Star. It could have been ripped from the same release, but since ther is no dialogue in that clip (no subs) it’s hard to judge. Source print looks the same though. I’ve only seen one other version, which was ripped from Dutch television. At one point RTL 5 apparently aired westerns every tuesday, a promo of that is included in the rip. That one is also fullscreen, but has crappy print quality.
IMDB can’t be trusted always when it comes to apsect ratios, but I somehow doubt that it’s an open matte.[/quote]

I have the French Evidis disc
It looks like this and there are no subs either. I think most releases come from the same source; the German release is fullscreen too