Three Bullets for a Long Gun (Peter Henkel, 1971)

Here is a scan by Diabolik of the Danish tape of They Call Me Lucky:

Django 8)

Hi there. I am the son of Peter Henkel, the director of these two films. I’m looking for a copy of They Call Me Lucky and was wondering if anyone was able to help me find one.

Hi I am the son of peter henkel (step uncle to samantha above) I am trying really hard to get a copy of They Call me Lucky, was wondering if anyone was able to help me.

And Bad Lleutenant, Scotty Smith (also known as Scotty & Co) was my father’s first film as a director. According to my mother it wasn’t very good, quite amatuerish. Though a western I don’t think it would be classed as a spaghetti. It’s based on a legendary SA character, a crook, their sort of Robin Hood, Jesse James or Ned Kelly.

Hi, Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

They Call Me Lucky had VHS releases in Scandinavia, but is much more rare than Three Bullets for a Long Gun, which can be obtained fairly easy.

Sorry to say that I don’t have had. Would like to get my hands on it though.

I think I made a mistake in my previous post. I think it’s a scan from Three Bullets for a Long Gun. The Norwegian VHS of They Call Me Lucky sports the original title. You can find a scan of the sleeve on the first page. Of this thread.

I’ve pm’d you Jonnie - and here’s its dedicated thread and review-ette that I started…

http://forum.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/topic,3673.msg147430.html#msg147430

There is a copy on cinemageddon, but there’s only one seeder, so it might take a while to download it
See if there’s anybody who has a copy. If not, we can still try to get that CG version.

I still haven’t watched Thee Bullets for a Long Gun, I would like to review it for SWDB, but there are no seeders on CG
Anybody with a copy?

Somebody on here has helped me find a copy of “lucky”, which I really appreciate.
There is a version of Three Bullets on youtube, but unfortunatly there is a segment missing. The opening of the film is good, but the only other really good bit happens to be the scene partially missing in youtube version.

Thank You so much Reverend.

Useless bit of trivia for those who like that sort of thing. The man who the General and Lucky get their horses from, and paying only peanuts for (literally), was played by Peter Henkel in a little director’s cameo.

Found it on You Tube.

I’ll see if I can find an uncut version somewhere, otherwise I watch this 1h15mns version

Interesting - I’ll look out for him when I get round to watching it again.
Jon - do you know anything about the stuff in Patrick Agan’s book on Clint (that I quote somewhere on this thread) about Clint being pencilled in for the main role?

I’ll check the running time of my copy of “3 Bullets” , i’m pretty certain i got both from my time on Cinemageddon.

I got a reply from Jon Henkel regarding the above question.
I’m sure Jon won’t mind me copy n pasting this bit of his reply…

“On the whole Clint front, that is very unlikely. I never heard anything like that. The only time i’ve ever seen his name said in the same breath as Three Bullets is here Redirecting...
also something I don’t see as being very likely.”

And I wonder where did Agan get this information from - as it seems highly unlikely that this scenario would’ve transpired :-\

[size=12pt]“Shit! (with a South-African accent)”[/size]

[size=12pt]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Three_Bullets_for_a_long_Gun_Review[/size]

The one I have is pretty nice:

1 Like

Yes thats the nice one. Nearly tempted to get that one on E Bay recently, but working on getting some other vhs in.

Yes South African , I love this little flick and it’s sequel they call him Lucky, great locations, a bit boring at times and they had an opportunity for a great villain in Hawkeye who got killed off way to early, I did really enjoy it and apart from it being South African it looks and feels like a rough and dirty spaghetti the way I like them :+1:

This film’s entry in the database has been updated to the new layout. Contributions are welcome.