Three Bullets for a Long Gun (Peter Henkel, 1971)

There’s a short clip from Three Bullets for a Long Gun on youtube.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkQgyL8MyQ0

it looks very cool.

does somebody has this movie?
I never seen it, and I would really like to have this movie!

can anybody help me getting this movie ???

Hi Tom, you can ask with Luminous on dvd-r

thanks ralph,

but im more interesting in trading the movie. its becomes to expensive if I have to buy all the movies that I would like ´to have :wink:

do you have this movie?

Unfortunately no, I look for it with some friends but none of them have this. Tom very nice dvd covers you make… congratulations !

I’ve seen both Three Bullets for a Long Gun and They Call Me Lucky, which is the sequel to Three Bullets for a Long Gun, recently. They’re both by director Peter Henkel and both have the character Lucky, who is portrayed by Keith van der Wat, who acts like a third rate Eli Wallach. They are spaghettiwesterns in style and they borrow heavily from their Italian counterparts. Especially The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is ripped off. The South-African settings work pretty well. Better than the actors, anyway. It’s pretty laughable when you hear Mexican characters with South-African accents. The tone of both movies is pretty uneven, but overall slightly comedic. All in all, I think they’re nice efforts by Henkel and co. and interesting for spaghettiwestern lovers, but definitely not for the average popcorn muncher. Not much quality or originalty going on here.
Here are the credits for They Call Me Lucky, which is not listed on IMDB.
Cast: Keith G. Van der Wat, Cathy Usher, Trevor Edwards, Andrew Roberts, Tullio Moneta, Johann Du Plooy, Dianne Ridler, Shirley Cilliers, Zara Marshall, Eric Horvitch, Noleen Post, Maurizio Viviani, Marie De Gaye, José De Sousa, Philip Van Der Byl

Three Bullets for a Long Gun

They Call Me Lucky

Hi to all. Now I got this film. Pretty nice, one of the best westerns I´ve ever saw ! It´s has all the spaghetti elements, the bad guy Hawkeye is great, and also the explosions scenes.
Bad Lieutenant, Do you have this post/cover to send ? If possible to send me on rapha84@vivax.com.br
Best regards

[quote=“Raph_Alv, post:12, topic:462”]Hi to all. Now I got this film. Pretty nice, one of the best westerns I´ve ever saw ! It´s has all the spaghetti elements, the bad guy Hawkeye is great, and also the explosions scenes.
Bad Lieutenant, Do you have this post/cover to send ? If possible to send me on rapha84@vivax.com.br
Best regards[/quote]
Send? I’m a lazy bastard. ;D Besides that, I don’t have bigger versions of those pictures. So just right click with your mouse and save picture. By the way, I wrote a review of this movie. Follow the link, there is the original artwork, VHS cover and the German artwork, which I like best.

Mark uploaded the Norwegian VHS cover for the sequel:

I heard that “They call me Lucky” and “Three bullets for long gun” is the same film, just an AKA…
Is that true?

[quote=“Raph_Alv, post:14, topic:462”]I heard that “They call me Lucky” and “Three bullets for long gun” is the same film, just an AKA…
Is that true?[/quote]
No.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:11, topic:462”]I’ve seen both Three Bullets for a Long Gun and They Call Me Lucky, which is the sequel to Three Bullets for a Long Gun, recently. They’re both by director Peter Henkel and both have the character Lucky, who is portrayed by Keith van der Wat, who acts like a third rate Eli Wallach. They are spaghettiwesterns in style and they borrow heavily from their Italian counterparts. Especially The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is ripped off. The South-African settings work pretty well. Better than the actors, anyway. It’s pretty laughable when you hear Mexican characters with South-African accents. The tone of both movies is pretty uneven, but overall slightly comedic. All in all, I think they’re nice efforts by Henkel and co. and interesting for spaghettiwestern lovers, but definitely not for the average popcorn muncher. Not much quality or originalty going on here.
Here are the credits for They Call Me Lucky, which is not listed on IMDB.
Cast: Keith G. Van der Wat, Cathy Usher, Trevor Edwards, Andrew Roberts, Tullio Moneta, Johann Du Plooy, Dianne Ridler, Shirley Cilliers, Zara Marshall, Eric Horvitch, Noleen Post, Maurizio Viviani, Marie De Gaye, José De Sousa, Philip Van Der Byl

Three Bullets for a Long Gun

They Call Me Lucky[/quote]

Here’s a cover I made for this:

I’ve got a rare Dutch tape on the video for pleasure label.

I’ve had it a while but have never gotten around to watching it because when i got it i thought it was a spaghetti.

[/URL]
[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img101/threebulletsforalonggunhg6.jpg/1/]http://imageshack.us

That is a rare tape indeed, Yodlaf. I mself got the Greek vhs in last week. Don’t be put off by the fact that it’s not a genuine spaghetti western, because it sure looks and feels like one. The film isn’t too original, but it is pretty entertaining. Give it a try, chances are you’ll like it.

Is there a DVD of “Three Bullets For A Long Gun” available anywhere?

Only vhs. Topics merged by the way, No dvd, so no point in multiple topics on the film.

Loads of vhs releases, bth PAL and NTSC, of which some can be picked up cheaply.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Three_Bullets_for_a_Long_Gun/VHS_releases

I like this film but haven’t seen it for a while. I particularly like the mad South African trees - but I think it’s very spaghetti despite its geographical base.
I was just perusing Patrick Agan’s book Clint Eastwood that was written in the mid 70s, and I found an interesting quote that maybe puts a different slant on it’s intended ‘spaghettiness’ …

“Just as the news that Clint Eastwood was getting ready to star and direct himself in Play Misty For Me got abroad in the land, a rumour surfaced that he was going to re-tread The Man With No Name in a South African Western. A company there called Icarus Films had announced that he was going to star for them in Three Bullets For A Long Gun to be made on location in Pretoria, South Africa. In fact a deal was almost signed when the company ran into trouble. Their initial feature, another Western called Thou Shalt Not Kill, ran into difficulties with South Africa’s touchy censors, and had to be withdrawn as too violent. Unfortunately the movie company had planned on using the profits from the first picture to finance their second one. Since there were no profits the whole deal went down the drain.”

Or not…!
I haven’t yet done any research into what became of the first film, and whether it ever got a release. Obviously 3BFALG happened without Clint, but with Beau Brummell as the Major, and the Lucky character is a barely disguised Tuco really…

This is my vid of it…

I just finished watching this one, watched the greek vhs Bad Lieutenant had sent me awhile back. I liked the first 5 minutes and I really believed this would be a good serious treasure hunt-themed SW, but unfortunately the comedic elements were much more than expected and the direction didn’t really improve things.
The mexican dude called Lucky was simply a BAD copy of Tuco and the other leading actor wasnt less annoying wearing that awful military hat throughout the WHOLE movie, not to mention his terrible acting. The score was below average. The south african locations however were great and probably the only reason to see this film. As for the sequel, it’s already deleted from my want-list.

Then you can sell the Greek VHS to me ;).

Sorry, I can’t. I’m collecting SW, good or bad. Besides, it has an amazing cover (that has nothing to do with the movie)

Of all the releases, the Greek one has the nicest cover for sure.