The SW Football Team!

Cause the World Cup is next year and there are some fans around: :slight_smile:

Offensive: The Man with No Name (Clint), Django (Franco)
Midfield: Nobody (Terence), Cuchillio , El Indio, Sartana (Gianni)
Defensive: Bambino (Bud), Tuco (Eli), Angel Eyes (Lee), Ringo (Giuliano)
Goal: Anthony Steffen
Substitutes: The Stranger (Tony), Harmonica, Mexican Bandit Boss (Fernando)
Coach: Sergio Leone
Referee: Blindman
Cheerleaders: Claudia Cardinale, Nicoletta Machiavelli, Nieves Navarro, Rosalba Neri ā€¦

This Team will never lose !!!
;D

Theyā€™re my favorite team!

LOL

This is the roster for my team:
ALMERIA UNITED

Strikers: Clint, LVC, Nero (offensive firepower)
Midfielders: Volonte and Kinski (great hussle and an almost maniacal tenacity on the pitch)
Fullbacks: Garko, Steffen, Lawrence, Hilton (experience and reliability)
Sweeper: Spencer (special enforcer)
Goalkeeper: George Eastman (occasionally susceptible to low shots)

Currently sidelined with injury: The legless dude from GBU.

Coach: Fernando Sancho (He always does an admirable job of leading the Mexican gangs)
Assistent manager: George Martin (just like in the Ringo films)

Referee: Jose ā€œSilvanitoā€ Calvo (you canā€™t bribe him!)

Team Captain: Anthony Steffen (the most career caps, famous for his ā€œgun of godā€ goal in '68 which I believe was a ā€œrolling divingā€ header if Iā€™m not mistaken.)

[quote=ā€œCol. Douglas Mortimer, post:3, topic:2089ā€]LOL

This is the roster for my team:
ALMERIA UNITED

Strikers: Clint, LVC, Nero (offensive firepower)
Midfielders: Volonte and Kinski (great hussle and an almost maniacal tenacity on the pitch)
Fullbacks: Garko, Steffen, Lawrence, Hilton (experience and reliability)
Sweeper: Spencer (special enforcer)
Goalkeeper: George Eastman (occasionally susceptible to low shots)

Currently sidelined with injury: The legless dude from GBU.

Coach: Fernando Sancho (He always does an admirable job of leading the Mexican gangs)
Assistent manager: George Martin (just like in the Ringo films)

Referee: Jose ā€œSilvanitoā€ Calvo (you canā€™t bribe him!)

Team Captain: Anthony Steffen (the most career caps, famous for his ā€œgun of godā€ goal in '68 which I believe was a ā€œrolling divingā€ header if Iā€™m not mistaken.)[/quote]

:smiley:
I like the ā€˜Rolling diveā€™ especially.

Nice team, but despite Eastmanā€™s height I donā€™t think he is psycho enough to be a proper goalkeeper. Those guys are all certifiable. He may be a short arse, but it has to be Kinski in goal. Imagine him bawling out the defense every time they conceded a goal. ;D

And speaking of which, no matter how good a team you put together you know itā€™s inevitable they will lose on penalties to the German Winnetou DEFA Alliance team in the end. :ā€™(

Kinski in goal, yes! I always thought Oliver Kahn (howzat for a psycho) was Kinskiā€™s nephew

One of the most famous rolling diver goals ever, by Roberto Bettega, against ā€¦ England

Who are the suitsā€¦ the ā€œownersā€ of the team?

The Abramovich typeā€¦

[quote=ā€œMrs Angel Eyes, post:6, topic:2089ā€]Who are the suitsā€¦ the ā€œownersā€ of the team?

The Abramovich typeā€¦[/quote]

I think Piero Lulli has played enough evil land barons to earn that position.

[quote=ā€œPaco Roman, post:1, topic:2089ā€]Goal: Anthony Steffen

This Team will never lose !!!
;D[/quote]

It will with this goal keeper.

Steffen with his stiffness has not the reaction time he needs. And then, about a minute too late, he will do this affected roll and dive routine to please the audience, when the ball is already wriggling behind him in the net.

Paco van Gaal that is

No contestā€¦

The jumping Indian guy from Sabata as goal

Or Peter Schmeichel. A magnificent keeper who seemed to resent every save he ever had to make. His pointing and screaming at his defenders was pure Kinski :smiley:

Steffan would be the coach. Coaches need to be stoic & refrain from emotion. You canā€™t get too high or too low. Clint in goal. You need someone tall. Kinski, Horst Frank & Lee Van Cleef are my strikers. My offense needs attitude, toughness & a little insanity. Cooler heads would provide my defense. Iā€™m thinking William Berger & Franco Nero. I would also have Mario Brega & Bud Spencer as thugs off the bench. For when you need a little discipline dealt out if you know what I mean.

Not bad for someone who doesnā€™t know much about soccer ;).

Eastman and Woods are the tallest! Funny with the names ;).

[quote=ā€œStanton, post:8, topic:2089ā€]It will with this goal keeper.

Steffen with his stiffness has not the reaction time he needs. And then, about a minute too late, he will do this affected roll and dive routine to please the audience, when the ball is already wriggling behind him in the net.

Paco van Gaal that is[/quote]
;D Maybe I should replace Steffen in the Goal. Eastman would be a good choice.

A SW football team canā€™t be a traditional football team; it must have a twist. And the

How about no goalkeeper? Or no football at all, just guns ;D

;D

Nice and welcome back.