The Stranger in Japan / The Silent Stranger / Lo straniero di silenzio (Luigi Vanzi, 1968)

There is a thread on this in the dvd section but I didn’t find one on where it should be (here in the movie section) so here it is…

You can merge the two together if there is a problem.

For more info visit:
Database Page: Straniero di silenzio, Lo - The Spaghetti Western Database

Give The Silent Stranger your rating out of 5 stars!

0 voters

Finally had time to watch all your video reviews. Great stuff!
Keep em coming, amigo!

Entertaining and informative review. I just got this movie last week and haven’t had a chance to watch it yet. Your review has convinced me to watch it tonight. Thanks for sharing!

I hope it’s the uncut version!

I hope so to…and if not the search for one will go on :).

It’s the New Entertainment German DVD from Xploited. So, what’s the verdict?

You have the correct one sir!
Enjoy!

[quote=“YourPallbearer, post:7, topic:1148”]You have the correct one sir!
Enjoy![/quote]

Woo-Hoo!!!

It is a well done commentary Pallbearer and will hopefully lead onto loads more! :wink:

I’ve got a dreadful quality bootleg of this,probably cut,can’t remember as i disliked it so much but i feel like giving it another chance.

More should be out within the next 48 hours as well as a news update video from me (although it is kinda old news but I already made it so I’m not going to trash it) . Hopefully.

Mr. Anthony informed me recently that the “The silent stranger” region 2 dvd is cut by almost 15 minutes.
It is NOT an official release regardless what the box says.
The film is still in “movie rights limbo”. Mr. Anthony is trying to correct that asap.

Anybody would think this was a Bond/LOTR type franchise!

I hope he sorts it out soon.

[quote=“YourPallbearer, post:11, topic:1148”]Mr. Anthony informed me recently that the “The silent stranger” region 2 dvd is cut by almost 15 minutes.
The film is still in “movie rights limbo”. Mr. Anthony is trying to correct that asap.[/quote]

Interesting stuff!

Just what i was thinking, makes me glad i haven’t gotten round to getting it yet.

[quote=“YourPallbearer, post:11, topic:1148”]The film is still in “movie rights limbo”. Mr. Anthony is trying to correct that asap.[/quote]Does Allen Klein have the rights for Stranger films? Jodorowsky films were recently released after many many years of Klein’s refusing to show or release them. I hope these will be out eventually too.

He has the rights to the first two but…
Klein lost the rights to SILENT STRANGER years ago and hasn’t been able to get them back.
Tony and his long time friend Ron Schneider (producer of “Silent Stranger” and Get Mean") are now trying to rectify that mistake.

I’d read elsewhere that there was a significant amount of footage missing from STRANGER IN JAPAN. A proper and authorized Tony Anthony “Stranger” box set would be a dream come true, please keep us advised on what you may find out in regards to this subject!!!

Where can I get a DVD-R of this. I have been searching forever and I love the other stranger films. PLEASE HELP!!! >:( ??? :’(

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/stranger-japan-limited-edition-p-13623.html

quite frankly I would just wait for the uncut version to be released.

[quote=“YourPallbearer, post:11, topic:1148”]Mr. Anthony informed me recently that the “The silent stranger” region 2 dvd is cut by almost 15 minutes.
The film is still in “movie rights limbo”. Mr. Anthony is trying to correct that asap.[/quote]

is there really any chance for an uncut release?
that would be wonderful. the Tony Anthony films are one of my absolute favorites.