The Short and Happy Life of the Brothers Blue / Blu Gang, e vissero per sempre felici e ammazzati (Luigi Bazzoni, 1973)

@Scherp:
Iā€™d see it if I were you. I can say itā€™s something special because it is far different than the formula but donā€™t expect a whole lot. Its got some good entertainment but (like the characters lives) itā€™s too short and the ending is way too abrupt.

@BLT:
Iā€™ll switch pics then, thanks. That one is good.

Without watermark.

One more, but not too great quality.

I have a question. Where are you all finding this to watch? I like Tina Aumont and wanted to check this out. Thanks.

VHS Rip English Audio

Looks not bad.

Hi Everybody,

Iā€™m writing a book that deals in large part with Franco Rossellini, who produced Brothers Blue as well as several other spaghetti westerns. The only movie of his that I cannot locate anywhere is Brothers Blue, and I see from previous posts that some of you have viewed a VHS (or copy thereof). Could you put me in touch with someone who could screen this for me?

In case youā€™re interested, I have a little profile of Franco, with a listing of all his known films, temporarily parked at http://rjbuffalo.com/caligula/felix.html
In the near future Iā€™ll post that page more publicly at a different URL.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Sincerely,

Ranjit
rjbuffalo@rjbuffalo.com

Had this lying around for a while and it finally made it to the top of my ā€˜to watchā€™ pile.
All I can say is that is an hour and a half I wonā€™t get back. Not as irritating as some of the comedies from this period. Its biggest crime is that it is just plain boring. Lots of riding around, montage sequences, endless gun battles and a storyline which leaps about and never achieves any level of engagement or interest. Likewise the characters. You hope for something from Jack Palance but his turns out to be a Kinski-esque 5 day phone in where he doesnā€™t even have a line of dialogue, he just loafs about smoking and looking ominous occasionally and then fires a sniperā€™s rifle at the disappointing ending.

So itā€™s ticked off my list but doubt it will ever warrant a re-view in my lifetime.

I really want to watch this one.

Yes, strange Italian title, Blu Gang, e vissero per sempre felici e ammazzati, literally: ā€œBlue Gang, and They Lived Happily and Dead Ever After.ā€ Probably a pun on vissero sempre felici e contenti (they lived happily ever after), replacing contenti with ammazzati (past participle of ammazzare, to kill)

Movie can be found there.

1 Like

Okay, Iā€™ll watch that one of these days, weeks

Donā€™t know what to expect; looks like itā€™s in the same vein as Four of the Apocalypse, a movie I didnā€™t like at all.

I heard some people mention that thereā€™s a TCM print of this. I imagine itā€™s better than the French TV rip. Anybody have it?

The French TV rip is from TCM :anguished: thatā€™s all there is at the moment.

Hopefully a company can give it a proper release. I thought it was an interesting film, although I found myself unable to sympathise with the characters.

This will be the problem with any better print of the film.

For anybody who wants to watch it:

2 Likes

Just revisted this one. Like said earlier on in this thread, elements of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid. And why not have a go, seeing as that film earned a Fistful Of Cash. But I do not really identify with the Blue Gang as to whether or not they die or not, and the outcome comes clear as the film pans out. Couple of very intense and well staged shootouts reminded me a little of Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid, which was more apparent in the better print I viewed. Jack Palance looks cool as hell in the film, and says about 6 words, billed top in the castā€¦what a beer cheque !

Thanks Man! Was just about to post that the movie looked really interesting but I couldnā€™t find it online. Iā€™ll give it a go this week.

I uploaded it on a private link for database users because I wasnā€™t sure whether it would be blocked if I made it public. Glad it helped!

1 Like

Once this post popped up, I had to watch the movie immediately as itā€™s one Iā€™ve been wanting to see for a while. I would like to see a really nice copy of this film and this isnā€™t a complaint because beggars canā€™t be choosers - I was just happy to see it. The reason I would like to see a really nice copy is that it is easy to see that it was absolutely beautifully filmed and if the other elements had matched the photography, this would undoubtedly be a classic in the genre.

As is, it is an interesting film that does keep oneā€™s interest throughout. I couldnā€™t help but think that in addition to containing a ton of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid elements, there was also quite a bit of Bonnie and Clyde in there as well.

Thanks for posting this!

Blue Gang has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etcā€¦

1 Like