The Power of Suggestion

As a few of you will know, the magnificent UK company, ‘Arrow’, (www.arrowfilms.co.uk) have built up a glowing reputation for releasing what can only be termed as ‘Cult’ films on Bluray and DVD.

Recently, ‘Arrow’ has - as well as releasing a batch of Italian Giallos, classic foreign, and film noir - has branched out into the world of our much-treasured ‘Spaghetti Western’; and, among the latest releases in its catalogue have been ‘Django, Prepare A Coffin’; and ‘Day of Anger’ (Lee Van Cleef).

In addition, ‘Cemetery Without Crosses’ (Robert Hossein) is expected for July, this year.

There is - on the ‘Arrow’ web-site - a link which reads as follows:

‘If you would like to suggest a title you think we should release, please contact us at suggestions@arrowfilms.co.uk’.

I - for one - believe in the power of suggestion; and, yesterday I e-mailed ‘Arrow’ a list of the following, that I believe are worthy of a future release:

‘A PISTOL FOR RINGO’ (the late, great Giuliano Gemma)
‘THER RETURN OF RINGO’ (Giuliano, again)
‘FACE TO FACE’ (Tomas Milan, Gian Maria Volante)
‘THE ILLUSTRATED MAN’ (Rod Steiger)
‘SECONDS’ (Rock Hudson)
‘THE ASSASSINATION BUREAU’ (Oliver Reed, Diana Rigg)
‘DOC SAVAGE: MAN OF BRONZE’ (Ron Ely)
‘HOMBRE’ (Paul Newman)

Believing in the old adage, ‘Nothing lost, and nothing gained’, I would urge members of the ‘SWDB’ to contact ‘Arrow’, and e-mail their own list of future potential titles (hopefully ‘Spaghetti Western’ friendly!).

Who knows… if enough suggestions are thrown at the company, then they may get the message that there is an eager audience of fans which crave obscure ‘Spagetti’ titles.

As I said…‘NOTHING LOST, NOTHING GAINED…’

What do other members think…?

Why not, eh? Since they’re asking…

I’ve asked for Death Sentence, Requiescant, Duel in the Eclipse, El Puro and Vengeance.

Good on you, Last Caress…some great suggested titles there!

So much for the ‘power of suggestion’ idea … !!

I’ve asked for EL PURO, JOHNNY YUMA and TRE PISTOLE CONTRO CESARE.

I see they’ve announced Requiescant. Yes! I’m claiming full credit.

As I said when I started the topic, if enough SWDB members start bombarding ‘Arrow’ with suggestions, (especially for ‘Spaghetti’ titles) then something might - conceivably - get done…

If no-one even tries, then they shouldn’t complain that companies don’t release enough titles on bluray…‘simples!’

better than suggestions are actual sales though. a lot of companies have started ambitiously and then scaled back their spaghetti releases because the sales just won’t add up… high levels of enthusiasm from small numbers of people… are not great business :wink: