The most random SW scenes you just can't forget

Ah man, I really like that part. Gives the town such a strange, uncanny feeling.

1 Like

I agree. It’s cuteness and innocence help contrast the sinister vibe of the Unhappy Place.

1 Like

There are two specific scenes in ‘GBU’ that are ingrained in my memory…

The first is the ‘behind the shoulder’ appearance of Clint Eastwood, as ‘Blondie’, when he confronts the three bandits who have captured ‘Tuco’ at the beginning of ‘The Good, The Bad and the Ugly’.

An iconic and immortal memory etched in the mind of a 12 year-old sampling his first can of ‘Skol’ lager in 1976.

“A couple steps back…”

My first experience of ‘The Man with No Name’. A match, a wisp of cigar smoke, a glimpse of duster and a wide-brimmed hat: and - for me - a guaranteed life-long love of Spaghetti Westerns.

The second stand-out scene features Tuco and his brother, Pablo.
For many years, I felt estranged from my brothers - no longer, thank goodness, and all is good, if not better.
This scene touched me for such a long time.

The film also introduced me to the meanest baddie, the incomparable Lee Van Cleef; and the most likeable ‘Ugly’ scoundrel ever seen in cinema…the late, great Eli Wallach, as ‘The Ugly’ - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez’.

The further delights of ‘Fistful’ and ‘For a Few’ were pleasures that I had to wait a further three years to savour, in 1979, on TV.

And, as for the end scene…talk about leaving an audience hanging…!

Western movie history in the making…

3 Likes

That was pretty out of left field, lol. How about that conversation about the witch, when Johnny is first becoming friends with the guy who had the hook for a hand? I had to rewind the conversation to make sure I heard what I done :laughing:

2 Likes

One of my favourite random scenes is near the start of Massacre Time I love is when Nero is loading his pistol. The cool close-up shot just scratches my brain in all the right places.

Another small scene also from Massacre Time is during the big gunfight at the end, where Nero dispatches of a henchman by fanning the hammer of his pistol and dumping six shots into the poor guy’s gut. Love the brutality of this scene.

8 Likes

:laughing: That is a crazy scene as well! And the end just made my jaw drop all the way to the floor the first time that I saw it. I think I re-winded about a half dozen times.

2 Likes

Lol. Yeah, I thought the ending was pretty crazy too

1 Like

Some random scenes from SWs that are memorable for some reason

Window Transition Near the end of Hands of a gunfighter

Chicken Screaming transition in Any gun can play

Bud spencer Eating a chicken in Today we kill tomorrow we die

Machete Eating Soup in Taste of Killing

Jumping and Shooting Kid in Kill them all and come back alone

Scene where Maria shoots two guys in the night In the original 1966 Django

Django kills two guys in ONE SHOT THEOUGH A DOOR in Django prepare a Coffin

Saloon scene in “Coffin for a sherrif where girls dance and can can song plays in the backhround

The giant THE END screen at the end of Texas Adios

Two kids Saying “Thats a real Chinaman!” In Shanghai Joe

4 Likes

Just came to my mind, but the scene in God Forgives… I Don’t! when Bill San Antonio goes: “Nobody laughs… except me,” then starts giggling was always pretty memorable to me. Mostly because my brother–who is not into Spaghetti Westerns–used that clip for a work thing years ago.
Bill San Antonio.PNG

5 Likes