The many thoughts, opinions and preferences of dubbing

I don’t mind either dubs or subs, as long as they are not dubtitles, I’m just happy so many elusive westerns actually have English friendly options at all.

That’s good to know. That should be updated in the database then.

Not sure which film this is about?

A Bullet for the General. It has two English dubs.

I wasn’t aware of that. Just checked my Blue Underground BR, and, yes the international version has one English dub, and the U.S. another, and it seems much better English dub. Seems @carlos did the BR page, he surely can update it.

I remember first time I stumbled across Quien Sabe on TV ages ago I thought the dubbing a catastrophe, especially of Kinski. I think I still have a VHS copy somewhere. That must have been the English dub for the international version.

Usually I prefer the Italian dub, if not available the English, if not available the Spanish, but not German, never.

By the way, do you know why?

It does? Wow. Never knew that.

What other titles there is that have different english versions? Massacre Time and Reason to Live, Reason to Die at least. I remember there were little differences in dubbings in 2 versions of God Forgives, I Don’t I’ve seen too.

I would guess because the American distributors did not like the international dub?

Good question. Yes you get Coburn’s original voice in the shorter version of “Reason to Live…” I didn’t know about “Massacre Time” but the database entry shows the Wild East DVD as having both versions.

From what it seems, both English versions of “God Forgives… I Don’t!” use Frank Wolff’s dialogue, but everyone else is different - the AIP version appears to be cut, but has better voice actors and dialogue. The voices of Hill and Spencer in the AIP dub apparently reprised their roles in Ace High and Boot Hill.