The Magnificent Seven (Antoine Fuqua, 2016)

The only thing I truly hate about the “original” - such as it is - is that f*cking theme tune! And even then, it’s probably just because it’s been run into the ground over the decades. DUN! DUN, DA-DUN! DUN-DUN-DA-DUN-DA-DUN!

“The Diversity Seven” more like it, with that cast. And it’s really sad when Hollywood these days, needs to rely on the ‘remake syndrome’. Eh, whatever.

Ha, ha yes that theme !

Certainly not on a par with “Seven Samurai”

Not so sure. I know several people who think that Training Day is disappointing.

The Denzel is still good in the film (he is always), but can’t save the run of the mill thriller.

A great thriller with Denzel is Inside Man.

Ohh, and Mag 7 should have been a much better film with this story, with this great cast and with this good director. But somehow it is only good film instead of a great film. Actually for me every other western Sturges made before is better.

I agree with you, Inside Man is way better than Training Day.

Fuqua has directed everything from war (Tears of the Sun), to sports (Southpaw), to thrillers (Shooter,) and achieved plenty of commerical success, so im looking forward to this. sept 23 ( correct me if im wrong) is its release date here in the states and i will be there.

Southpaw was a terrible film, it pushed the misery to the ridiculous and beyond.

Hes a very good action director, imo… after seeing Olympus Has Fallen and The Equalizer and Shooter, at least that aspect is in good hands

Not really.

Shooter is ok after the first bad 10 min, but it also could have been a better film with a better director. Olympus Has Fallen is one of the worst films I have seen in the last years. But even viewed as a comedy (which makes more sense than viewing it as a drama film) it does not work. :wink:

But I liked King Arthur.

I also liked King Arthur, my favourite film from him, that scene in the icey river is pretty good

I can’t see myself liking this. What’s the point of remaking a classic?

Making it better?

Btw what was the point of remaking The 7 Samurai?

Cultural transposition, I guess.

Making money is my guess

Making it better in my eyes!

The Magnificent Seven is a true classic.

I don’t think that Mag 7 is that good. And 7 Samurai is the far more famous film in regard of the so called “film classics”.

And if there is a western from the 50s of which a remake could make sense, it si Mag 7.

HUH!

With that kind of logic what was the point of remaking Yojimbo?