The Last Movie You Watched? ver.2.0

(tomas) #1045

Ehm, about that one I do give a shit.

(scherpschutter) #1046

Happens every now and then

In all honesty I think you must be on the right wavelength to enjoy the Coen Brothers humour. Sometimes I am, sometimes I’m not. I usually think they’re funny when a movie is tongue-in-cheek, and don’t think they’re funny at all when they try this zany type of comedy

And yes, I hate Nic Cage, especially when he’s trying to be funny (and I am in a bad mood :wink: )

(Asa) #1047

Last ten days:
Ant-Man (Reed, 2015) :star::star::star::star:
X-Men: First Class (Vaughn, 2011) :star::star::star::star:
13 Assassins (Miike, 2010) :star::star::star::star:
Blade of the Immortal (Miike, 2017) :star::star::star::star:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Russo/Russo, 2014) :star::star::star::star:
Captain America: Civil War (Russo/Russo, 2016) :star::star::star::star:
Demons (Bava, 1985) :star::star::star:
Thor: Ragnarok (Waititi, 2017) :star::star::star::star:
Avengers: Infinity War (Russo/Russo, 2018) :star::star::star::star:
Ant-Man and The Wasp (Reed, 2018) :star::star::star:
Thief (Mann, 1981) :star::star::star:
Inherent Vice (Anderson, 2014) :star::star::star::star:
The First Purge (McMurray, 2018) :star::star:
Train to Busan (Yeon, 2016) :star::star::star::star:
We Need to Talk About Kevin (Ramsay, 2011) :star::star::star::star::star:
Wind River (Sheridan, 2017) :star::star::star::star:
Yarusarezaru Mono (aka Unforgiven) (Lee, 2013) :star::star::star::star:
The Villainess (Jung, 2017) :star::star::star::star:
The Raid (Evans, 2011) :star::star::star::star:
The Raid 2 (Evans, 2014) :star::star::star::star:
Unfriended (Gabriadze, 2014) :star::star:
Ghost in the Shell (Sanders, 2017) :star::star::star::star:
Apostle (Evans, 2018) :star::star::star::star:
Inception (Nolan, 2010) :star::star::star::star:
John Wick (Stahelski, 2014) :star::star::star::star:
John Wick: Chapter 2 (Stahelski, 2017) :star::star::star::star:
Searching (Chaganty, 2018) :star::star::star:

(El Topo) #1048

Hell didn’t kwon there’s already a John Wick 2

(Mickey13) #1049

I thought the sequel was even better than original.

(Asa) #1050

There’s a John Wick 3 scheduled for May of next year.

(tomas) #1051

The Predator (2018, Shane Black)
So, I went to a cinema. Okay, let’s have a look. My post-theatre state of mind could be liken to my spirits from a year ago, when I went to see Alien Covenant. Only I wanted my ticket money back a bit more fervently this time!

Whole fucking movie takes place during a fucking night - and I hate that - something like Pacific Rim, which had almost every scene shot during the night, or under the water during the night (worst case scenario). Underwater scenes? That is interesting to me like childbirth scenes. Chestburster birth scenes are only I can tolerate in movies. Thankfully, there are no classic birth scenes in The Predator (remember how that fucked up storyflow in Kevin’s Robin Hood?) Instead of that, we got an autistic kiddo in a Wesley Crusher style, who wreaks havoc around with some predatory equipment. Doesn’t Shane Black know that kids are forbidden to play in movies? Didn’t he read my manifesto? No underwater, no births, no kids.

The Predator is not that bad, it just happened that it has no plot, no actors and not much of a good action, and if it does, it’s over pretty fast or it sucks. Have you been looking forward to finally see the fight between Predator and MegaPredator (showed briefly in the trailer)? The fight lasts about ten seconds. The Predator reminds me another installment in the franchise - AvP 2. Yes, the second one, because it is, uhm, I’m not sure if I’m able to write this, worse than than the first one. This one just has more jokes. For example, one guy shot his head off with a predator shoulder cannon (I’m still not sure wtf happen in that scene). First, you laugh, oh, that Shane Black, he can do some shtick, but then you think about it and shake your head in despair. Was it really that stupid? But! That’s nothing compared to what’s about to come in the last scene in a lab (which is bossed over by that autistic kid, who probably wrote the script). Tha final scene is ultimate cringe come true. Complete kickass, thanks to which Shane Black already has a limbo reservation in hell next to the fella, who wrote remake 3:10 To Yuma.