The Last Movie You Watched? ver.2.0

As a matter of fact, I watched like half an hour, thought it was kinda boring, turned it off and then viewed the rest of it on the next day and really enjoyed it then. The main issue is that it takes some time before the movie gets really started and the pacing is on the slower side. It’s not perfect, it has its faults and is slightly underwhelming considering the great cast, but it’s still pretty cool and looks quite unique. I liked it.

1 Like

One of my all-time favourite Sci-Fi films…an undisputed masterpiece from Stanley Kubrick.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Just finished watching Figures in a Landscape on YouTube. I’m amazed this movie isn’t better known, I found it astounding.

3 Likes

Honestly, I’d never even heard of it. Robert Shaw and Malcolm McDowell makes it worth checking out though. Thanks for posting this.

2 Likes

Yeah pretty good one

1 Like

Returned to the master last night…Akira Kurosawa’s 1954 epic masterpiece, ‘Seven Samurai’.

Followed by a 60th anniversary viewing of ‘The Innocents’ (1961); which I regard as one of the greatest ‘haunted house’ films of all time.

5 Likes

I can watch Seven Samurai over and over again and still love it just as much everytime.

2 Likes

Hah, only found out about it myself because I was looking up his filmography.

1 Like

’Day of the Jackal’, 1973. One of my all-time favourites, and a totally engrossing film experience.

Followed by…

ending the evening with…

3 Likes

Akira Kurosawa’s 1958 comedy/action film…

Followed by Fritz Lang’s 1924 silent epic ‘Die Nibelungen’, parts one & two.

4 Likes

Z (Gavras, 1969) - 4/5
Will definitely watch this again.

1 Like

5 Likes

Lots of Kurosawa, that’s what I like to see! :smiley:

1 Like

Well, let’s face it, he was a master, and to see his work on BD…it’s like visiting an art gallery… wonderful!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Somehow I end up watching movies in short chunks or movies that my kids also watch.

• Hotel Transylvania
  • Hotel Transylvania 3
  • Gunpowder milkshake
1 Like

I have never once thought of Gunpowder Milkshake as a kid’s movie. I guess it was about a kid though so… :laughing:

It was the one I watched in short chunks :rofl: :rofl:

These movies of online services makes it easier to start and stop when yoe want but I like to watch them from start to end. The family does not allow that always … Therewith I have a number of movies which are watched not even halfway.

2 Likes

Last 10 films excluding the spaghvember films:

1. Meyer: Up! 6/10
  2. Schaffner: Papillon 8/10
  3. Cunningham: The New Kids 5/10
  4. Renoir: La bete humaine 7/10
  5. Hobkinson: Misha and the wolves (doc) 6/10
  6. Kent: Babadook 7/10
  7. Kar-Wai: Fallen Angels 7/10
  8. Guadadgnino: Suspiria 4/10
  9. Dietrich: Caged Women 4/10
  10. Nielsen: Free Jimmy 5/10