The Last Movie You Watched? ver.2.0

Once Upon a Time in…Hollywood (Tarantino / 2019)

Finally got around to watching this and, as with pretty much all Tarantino films, I have mixed feelings about it.
Has some really nice moments but, for me, was also baggy and had some parts that really didn’t work either. Not a bad film but not as good as it could have been.

’KILL, BABY, KILL’ (1966)

One of my all-time favourite Mario Bava films, which is a veritable feast for the eyes and ears.
A meticulous work-of-art…colourful, intense, thoroughly engaging, and very well acted.
It also features probably the creepiest ‘ghost-child’ ever portrayed on screen…

2 Likes

Martyrs (2008, Laugier) - 4/5
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962, Aldrich) - 4.5/5
The Petrified Forrest (1936, Mayo) - 3.5/5
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948, Huston) - 5/5
Singin’ in the Rain (1952, Donen/Kelly) - 5/5
Eaten Alive! (1980, Lenzi) - 4/5
Once Upon a Time in America (1984, Leone) - 5/5
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968, Kubrick) - 5/5

2 Likes

Last 10

1. Wyler: The Best Years of Our Lives 8/10
  2. Franco: Inconfessable Orgies of Emmanuelle 4/10
  3. Neuvonen: Lost Boys (doc) 8/10
  4. Aaltonen: Dinosaurus (doc) 7/10
  5. Fincher: Mank 8/10
  6. Ijäs: Katsastus (tv-movie) 7/10
  7. Camus: Revenge of Trinity 5/10
  8. Whale: Invisible Man 7/10
  9. Westmoreland: Colette 7/10
  10. Valerii & Leone: My Name is Nobody 10/10
  1. O’Connor: Warrior 7/10
  2. Sollima: Violent City 7/10
  3. Franco: The Demons 5/10
  4. Howard: Scoundrels 4/10
  5. Hark: Once Upon Time in a China II 6/10
  6. Leone: Duck You Sucker! 9/10
  7. Kusama: Destroyer 6/10
  8. Gauriloff: Baby Jane 5/10
  9. Farrelly: Green Book 9/10
  10. Avildsen: The Karate Kid 8/10

Hellraiser - Great stuff. Still. Perhaps my favorite horror movie. 8,5/10
Apocalypse Now - Watched the redux again. Monumental film. Storario’s cinematography is mesmerizing. 10/10
First Blood - Classic action. A solid 7/10
The Devil’s Nightmare - Amateur hour, basically. Could’ve been so much better. Some nice looking ladies though. 4,5/10
Thunder Force - Another horrendous Netflix original. 2/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 1-7 - Really nice to revisit these on Blu-ray. The extras on the discs come recommended as well. Overall 7/10
The Demons - I like it better than Bill does. After all, it features Britt Nichols. Stunning lady. 6,5/10

1 Like

Yep, agreed. Too bad she did so few films.

It’s all the fault of that football player.

1 Like

Just finished the last of the Lone Wolf and Cub films Saturday. Really incredible series, Ogami Itto is one of the most brutal protagonists I’ve ever seen in a movie.Lone Wolf and Cub

3 Likes

A late-night, Roger Corman, Vincent Price, double-bill…

3 Likes

Second time I’ve seen this marvellous film, which is based on an incredible true story.

1 Like

’THE BEDFORD INCIDENT’ (1965)

One of the best ‘Cold War’ films that I have ever seen; with exceptional performances; edge of the seat suspense, and intense confrontations, combined with an involving script that gives us a gripping crash course on character study.

’THE COLDITZ STORY’ (1955)

To accompany my re-visit to the BBC TV series, ‘Colditz’, a fresh re-appraisal of the film version.
Along with a platoon of other classic black and white British films of the period, (‘Ice Cold in Alex’, ‘The Cruel Sea’, ‘The Wooden Horse’, ‘The Dambusters’), this tale of incarceration, insurmountable odds, and the crucial indomitable spirit, still hits a nerve…
Timeless…

Just finished Chato’s Land, it was excellent. I didn’t expect much when I started, but it ended up being one of the best classic westerns I’ve seen probably because it has such excellent characters. I’d highly recommend going into it blind if you haven’t watched it.

3 Likes

did that as well, recently. Quite the series, albeit very heterogeneous, I dont think it ever reached the qualy of the 2nd part anywhere else in the series

Was Chato’s Land part of a series? I tried seeing if the character was in any other films but couldn’t find anything.

He was referring (replying) to your post about Lone Wolf and Cub

1 Like

Missed that, thanks Joe.

I know what you mean, but I still had a great time with all the movies. Each one of them has certain scenes that still stick out to me. Like the ghost enemies in the sixth one.

1 Like

Last 10:

1. Brooks: 12 Chairs 6/10
  2. Tarantino: Pulp Fiction 9/10
  3. Ijäs: Koomikko 6/10
  4. Andersson: About Endlessness 6/10
  5. Török :1945 8/10
  6. Bertolucci: The Last Emperor 8/10
  7. Jodorowsky: Santa Sangre 10/10
  8. Sidaris: Hard Ticket to Hawaii 5/10
  9. Jackson: They Shall Not Grow Old (doc) 8/10
  10. Roy: Éducation anglaise 4/10