The Hellbenders, Sergio Corbucci- from Anchor Bay

Well, I thought this may have been the case, but was not sure.

I tend to get a bit confused sometimes on these running time frame things.

I know alot of people have given the Anchor Bay version a good review for quality and everything, and I do not doubt this, but I have the Japanese print and I think this is not a bad print, and I have seen alot worse!.

And it looks like there could be nothing extra in the Anchor Bay version in terms of footage.

I think I may put my money into another Spaghetti Western DVD release for the time being.

i think i might get this DVD from anchor bay. i’ll try to have a review ready as soon as possible

just got it in the mail. great artwork. can’t wait to see it

Have you ever seen the film before?

no, that’s why i can’t wait to watch it

Thought so, but just checking!

You are in for a treat!

i’d be interested in screenshot comparisons. i could provide some for the anchor bay disc

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Hellbenders_DVD_review

what a great film

Excellent Review Sebastian.
A.B. Did Some Real Nice Work On This One,Which I’m Sorry To Say
Will likely Be Their Last Spaghetti Western.

so, is it worth upgrading from my Japanese release?

lol, I don’t have the japanese disc… you could post a really high resolution screenshot and tell me the minutes and seconds on the dvd and i’ll try to post a screenshot from the exact same scene and you can compare.
i’d say it’s a decent release worth purchase. you might be able to sell the japanese disc on ebay for enough money to buy 3 wild east releases

From what I have gathered about this, and previous posts about the subject, you might aswell stick with your Japenese Disc like I am.

The Anchor Bay version does not appear longer than the Japanese print, and the Japanese discs I find are of generally good quality prints.
The Anchor Bay version may be a better quality print perhaps, but the Japanese Disc is not bad either.

The Japanese Disc is still sought after by certain people though.

Hellbenders is on sale for 10.99 at amazon.com!!!

i’ve been waiting for this to go on sale from 19.99 for a long time now. they just marked it down and i gobbled it up. hurry up and get it at this discount price before they raise the price again. can’t wait to see this for the first time.

also the alfred hitchcock signature collection is only 49.99.

hope that helps

it was 20 bucks? wow… picked it up when it came out and was about 12

Yeah, Hellbenders has been 12 bucks for quite some time at Deepdiscount. DVDpricesearch.com is your friend …

oh well. thanks.

i will add dvdpricesearch to bookmarks.

any final word on the comparison of the Japanese release to the Anchor Bay release?

trying to decide if I want to purchase the Anchor Bay disc, and can’t find any comparisons anywhere

if there was even one special feature on the disc, would be a lot easier decision…

if you find the anchor bay for under 10 dollars, just get it :wink:

due to the purchase of AB by Starz Ent. there have been restructuring recently, according to Rare&OOP DVDs, a well-informed blog, a whole catalog of titles will be discontinued, Take a Hard Ride included.

It’s I guess safe to say that genre titles from AB will be discontinued. Get them while you can :slight_smile: