The Guess a movie quote thread

It features USA & UK actors.

Disfunctional family.

Any more clues and i might give it away.

Another clue, i want someone to get this.

Confederate guerillas, set during & after The American Civil War.

hmm, only one i can think of is Hellbenders but I guess it’s not the right answer…

Yes , you are wrong Bill.

It’s not a Spaghetti Western.

I believe he said it’s a western, US and UK actors…

Dammit! This is frustrating to say the least. I thought it was a movie I’d seen but now I don’t think so.

Good one CC, this is a stumper for sure. I’ve been combing IMDB and the other movie databases but I’m coming up short!!!

[quote=“Pacificador, post:25, topic:1024”]I believe he said it’s a western, US and UK actors…

Dammit! This is frustrating to say the least. [/quote]
I’ve also been combing imdb (cos I should be laying a bathroom floor) and I’ve trawled thru’ American made films from 1968.
We hear how the Western as a genre was out of favour in the States in the sixties and it struck me how true this was. You could count the 1968 westerns from there on the fingers of your hands (OK - you’d have to come from Norfolk and have a few extra fingers … but there are about 90 pages for 1968 in our database for Eurowesterns. Of the 16 I found for the USA there were some ‘classics’ tho’…
There were (s)exploitation ones such as ‘Hot Spur’; 'Brand of Shame(Naked Django); and ‘The Wicked die Slowly’.
Clint did his first returned spaghetti-ish ‘Hang ‘Em High’ -
But there were two contenders … maybe ???
Bearing in mind that I know as much about USA westerns as I do about a ‘day without cider’ :’( (and laying bathroom floors :P) - I aint seen either of these …
JOURNEY TO SHILOH (it’s got the civil war in it!)
MORE DEAD THAN ALIVE (it’s got a murderer called Cain in it - trick question?? - hey, it’s also got Vincent Price in it)!
I hearby claim my prize. :wink:

A bit more research and …

… no Brits …

… no chance!

Tigero - would you kindly apologise on my behalf to your lovely wife? (Who does come from Norfolk - and does have the ‘normal’ amount of fingers.)

… haven’t seen this yet … :stuck_out_tongue: ???

None of these.

I’ll be more specific.

IMDB have it as being released in 1969, but in all fairness it was released at the end of '68.

It is not a Euro Western, but was filmed in Europe.

It’s country of origin is USA.

Blame IMDB for not being able to find it.

Oh I say Rev…realised your big mistake there have we mate. I will point out your insult when she gets back from karate… competing in the EKKA England Nationals today. You might have to grovel to a national champion later…tell your lovely wife to take a last look at your cojones.

Lovely day…shall I go and practise some karate?..NO!..a couple of hours lying on the beach then a couple of hours and a few pints in the pub for me…contentedly pondering your fate. Get praying chap.

The Desperados

Well Done Phil.

Ok, here’s a little exchange from a classic american western.

“Oh, so you speak american,eh?”

“And ten other languages my dear. But I don’t say anything I don’t want to in any of them.”

[quote=“Phil H, post:32, topic:1024”]Ok, here’s a little exchange from a classic american western.

“Oh, so you speak american,eh?”

“And ten other languages my dear. But I don’t say anything I don’t want to in any of them.”[/quote]

The Ox-Bow Incident?

Spot On Silver.
Well done.

@ Silver.

What about giving us a quote Silver to start this thread up again, seeing as you guessed the last one correct :).

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:35, topic:1024”]@ Silver.

What about giving us a quote Silver to start this thread up again, seeing as you guessed the last one correct :).[/quote]

Hmmm…ok,

“A nice cup, if you allow me the remark”

“I do. It’s the only remembrance of my father. He was a nobleman or something. Never met him. My mother though, was a little slut. I’m more like her”.

:smiley:

Camposanto?

Yes! You’re right of course! One of my all time favourite quotes…and perhaps a little easy to spot? :smiley:

@ Stanton.

Your turn!..I am sure you will come up with a good one.

Oh I knew there was a trap by answering it.

My memory is not that well, and for the moment I have nothing.

What about this as a pastime:

“We’re gonna kill the California girls”