The Football Thread

Very sad news. R.I.P.

Would have been nice to see Liverpool win at least one of the games in the US. I don’t care about friendlies but Liverpool definitely played to win tonight, so the draw was unfortunate.

Liverpool are playing MK Dons tonight. It should be an interesting match considering the potential lineups.

:it: Italy :it: on to the Euro 2020 Championship
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Bring on England

Going to be Glorious Beating Them on Their Own Soil !!!

Although I Honestly Think Denmark Wins Tomorrow

Denmark got Robbed Blind

That was no way a foul

Replay shows he wasn’t even touched :man_facepalming:

Italy will Trounce The Paper Lions :facepunch:

Well, Hendo should have got a penalty and didn’t, so it seemed fair overall to me. Both teams put up a fight but Denmark didn’t exactly do enough dominate the game.

Denmark weren’t robbed. They were running on fumes by the end. England had two legitimate penalty claims either side of the penalty they got, waved away. And the penalty they got was examined by the VAR, and could have been overruled. It was not. It was upheld.

Yes, I am English. But I am not a blindly loyal fan. For most of my life I haven’t given much of a toss for England. But the two best sides at Euro 2020 are in the final. It’s that simple. I would make Italy favourites to win and I expect that they will, but this is far from an incapable English side. This English side is young, fast, aggressive, phenomenally talented. They’re not going to run out of steam, or get bullied off of the ball. And they deserve to be contesting the final on Sunday.

Will Italy win? Yeah, probably. Could England win? For once in my lifetime: Definitely.

VAR made a mistake

Watch the replay
He wasn’t Touched Their Legs Never Touched

The Officiating was Horrible and Favored England

Italy will resoundingly Beat England

They Already Beat Two Teams Better than England to Get to the Finals (Much Better)

Can’t Wait for Sunday!!

What will Make this So Much Sweeter is Winning On England’s Home Field :smirk:

Why was this moved

This wasn’t about what your favorite club is

The Topic was Italy in the Finals of Euro 2020

So all topics about soccer/football get placed in here ?

That doesn’t seem right
You can have a lot of different topics that deal with the sport

It was moved because I moved it, Joe.

Football conversations have ended up in here. If you look back you’ll see we’ve discussed numerous World Cups, Euros and other competitors in here as they’ve happened. Sometimes we’ve had separate big event football threads iirc but it’s a little late to be starting a New Euro 2020 one with one game left to play. Sometimes, topics mutate. I started a thread once, discussing whether the western as a genre was making a comeback of sorts in the 21st century. Since I started it, it’s kind-of drifted into becoming an Upcoming New Western Movies/Shows thread. It’s okay. It happens. It keeps the forum neater.

Well, this is the Spaghetti Western Database, not FourFourTwo. We can for sure talk about football but we’d rather keep little bits and pieces of football talk in one thread where everyone can find them. It hasn’t diminished the points you were making about hoping Italy thrash England one bit.

I hope that’s cleared everything up for you, Joe. :+1:

Not a big soccer fan here either but as a Dane and actually watching the game I’ll have to say that it was a deserved win for England. That said no, it was not a penalty and not sure England got cheated of any at all. The English are easy push-overs it seems. That Kane can walk at all without a cane is a miracle :slight_smile:

I would have liked It better if England won a clean win. Now we got a questionable win a on a penalty and English fans haressing the Danish players with laser pens. You are going to find many Danes supporting Italy in the final now :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was disgusting behaviour. Absolutely. I’ve no intention of defending that action, it was repugnant. I wouldn’t have complained at all had the ref called back that penalty on the grounds of that laser pen.

I’m not a big fan of England fans booing the oppositions’ national anthems either (we’re not the only nation whose fans do that but, nevertheless, I think it’s tacky whoever does it, and England’s fans seem to do it a lot).

2 Likes

Guess you have that Power :roll_eyes:

:man_facepalming: This was Specifically About Italy Not The Tournament Hence The Subject Title

I Personally think That There’s Plenty of Room on the Board for Multiple Topics
Especially in “The Saloon”
Where I’m sure Real Cowboys Talked about Many Many Different Things

We’ll Have to Agree To Disagree :nerd_face:

See you Sunday

:it: FORZA AZZURRI :it:

Yep he does :slight_smile: But things tend to get cluttered in here with too many loose threads about basically the same thing so some cleanup is definitely wanted. Believe me.

1 Like

As an Englishman this pretty much sums up my feelings too.
Definitely not a Penalty but I think we had a perfectly good one not given earlier and I do think over the whole game we were the better team. If VAR has proved anything it is that human error can’t be erased from refereeing football matches. On the whole though I think the reffing has been pretty good across the whole tournament.

And Denmark had been great up to this game by the way but I think just ran out of steam. England have been on the wrong end of plenty of poor decisions in International tournaments over the years but the truth is we usually lost to better teams who should have won anyway. Poor decisions or not.

1 Like

It was not a penalty and the Dutch ref was criticized for giving it in his own country in newspapers and TV programs. What worried most commentators was that he wasn’t corrected by the VAR. Everybody can make a mistake, especially when he or she must decide in a split second, but the so-called ‘var output’ (shown on TV repeadly) clearly proved that there was no contact. That said, the victory was of course well-deserved, England were the better team and I think the Danish coach made the fatal error to take off his two best players (Dollberg and Damsgaard) after an hour or so. The team lost all creativity due to that decision. And while the game had been more or less balanced during the first hour, England dominated the final half hour of the game and the extra time.

It has been quite a peculiar tournament. France beating Germany at home but struggling in all subsequent games (against allegedly less powerful nations), Germany that played one magnificent game against Portugal, but were struggling a few day later against Hungary (not really the Magnificent Magyars this year); it reminded me of that almost ridiculous game against South-Korea during the World Cup.

And yes, another frustrating tournament for Belgium. Their golden generation will remain without a major title, I’m afraid.

Let’s not talk about Holland. Hopefully Van Gaal will turn the orange men back into a winning team

Cluttered?

I guess our definition of cluttered is different.

This board doesnt have enough active posters to get Cluttered

I also noticed that this thread Title Changed from “What’s your Football Team” to “The Football Thread”

So there is only one Thread to Cover all of Football Now :man_facepalming:

Oh and for all of you saying England deserved the win. England might have played Slightly better (Might have) It was pretty Much evenly Matched and Denmark Played Well enough that They Deserved to get to PKs and not Have a Ref Rob them of the Game

Doesn’t Matter England will Be Taught a Lesson on Sunday in Front of their Home Fans
It’s Going to Be Glorious

:it: FORZA AZZURRI :it:

In a forum discussing spaghetti westerns some will think that is one too many so one will probably suffice :slight_smile: There are also earlier separate threads discussing various championships so a world cup one could arise when the time comes.

3 Likes

This is why I think it was fair. Hopefully we can actually beat the Italians on Sunday, although it won’t be an easy match.

1 Like

I disagree
Been member on many different Boards and there was always a “Saloon” type board for any topic not about the Main Boards Topic

You think Cowboys just only talked about cowboying :man_shrugging:
I’m sure when they were hanging out in a public saloon they spoke on many different subject matters not just cow poking

Anyways doesn’t matter what I think the powers that be have ruled (as dumb as their ruling is), and I shall abide by it.

We are allowed to give our opinions aren’t we??