The dukes worst?(westerns)

WATCHED “BIG JAKE” LAST NIGHT,NOT ONE OF JOHN WAYNES BEST WESTERNS.WHICH GOT ME TO THINKING WHAT ARE THE DUKES WORST WESTERNS?MY LEAST FAVS:THE UNDEFEATED,THE TRAIN ROBBERS,BIG JAKE.

Although most of the ppl like it but i find “true grit” a very average movie…besides the duke had a big ass paunch too… :stuck_out_tongue:

I AGREE THAT TRUE GRIT IS AVERAGE ALTHOUGH I THINK" ROOSTER" IS A GREAT CHARACTER.GLEN CAMPBELL IS NOT BELIEVABLE AS A TEXAS RANGER AND THE GIRL GETS ON MY NERVES, ALTHOUGH THAT WAS WHAT SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO DO I GUESS.I JUST WISH ROOSTER WOULD HAVE BEEN IN A DIFFERNT MOVIE.ALSO I THINK THIS MOVIE PROVED THAT THE DUKE COULD PLAY SOMEONE BESIDES JOHN WAYNE WHICH WAS ALWAYS THE CRITISM FROM THE ELITIST.EVIDENTLY THEY NEVER WATCHED THE" SEARCHERS"OR “RED RIVER”.I THINK JOHN WAYNE WAS A UNDERATED ACTOR,AND A LOT OF THE CRITISM HE GOT WAS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED.TOO BAD THERE IS NO HOLLYWOOD STARS TODAY WHO HAVE HIS PATRIOTISM,AND IDEALISM.

I was not impressed with “Cahill U.S. Marshal” to be honest. It was very average. But Wayne’s worst film is still “The Conqueror”. Dear god that was terrible!

I think “Rooster Cogburn” is better than “True Grit” was.

i’m not really a fan of the Duke,in the films of his i’ve seen of his not a lot seems to happen and i don’t find them gritty enough.

John Wayne the best American Western actor ever!!!
come on, it’s got to be Clint. ;D

Well I’ve only seen 3 Duke films so none so far

When i was kid i really enjoyed the Duke westerns
I dont remember all but i think the bad are those who are made
only on his name in the middle and end of his career.
When movies are made only around an actor for the actor
usually its not good look at Tom cruise…

I saw “THE SHOOTIST” last night, it was ok but not the Swan song i expected it to be considering it is directed by Don Siegel

I’ve seen mostly just good ones (mostly Ford or Hawks films) but Wayne did lots of b-westerns in 1930’s so I guess that is when he made his worst movies.

The Alamo. Overly reverential. The hats were over the hearts every 5 minutes.

I think there is just one to remember: The searchers !!! others, some like cowboys, good. others not to say much… too much hero, in my opinion

The Cowboys is truly the Duke’s last great western. True, the Shootist was his last, but it didn’t have that epic feel that this one had. I don’t think I’ve truly seen a god-awful Wayne oater, the closest being, as I said before Alamo, which really wasn’t all that bad. North to Alaska was weak. Most of his dogs were in other genres, Hatari, Genghis Kahn and McQ.