The context of rape in Spaghettis

Interestingly the movie that comes to miy mind and allmost had me starting this same thread is not mentioned here: Fistfull of dynamite/giu la testa.
The rape in the beginning is really something. She definetaly is enjoying the rape a bit too much. I never understood the meaning of the scene, i mean they treated juan very bad with words.
I dont think it helps the film that is superb without the scene.
Interestingly once upon a time in america by leone was also mentioned in this topic, and I think giu la testa is very close to this film(due to the use of flashbacks that is different than in FAFDM)that is why i like the title once upon a time… the revolution best.
And i think the tities arguement is weak, i am not enjoying a scene with a rape like i am enjoying any breast flash scene.

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:40, topic:946”]Hey, I like the quote under your avatar. It is from the movie! I wonder if it really says that in the Koran?

The villain you mention is, I think, one of the weak spots of this movie. He is an absurd fellow. It would be hard to believe that the murderous gang that follows him would take him seriously. He is Bond-like but without the menace. Just the weirdness.[/quote]

Yes, the quote is from the movie, but I don’t know whether it is actually from the Koran or not.

I totally agree with you about the villain. You’ll note I said he was especially over the top and had Bond-villain qualities, but not that he was effective. He’s just a lunatic buffoon who, as you say, doesn’t seem to be together enough to have any devoted followers to do his bidding.

To me it’s harder to tolerate rape scenes than blood and gore scenes.

Time for me to resurrect the old topic…

3 movies mentioned here have rape scenes that really bugged me. Only one is SW though.

I really disliked how the stuff was handled in Once upon a time in America. It made the whole movie very annoying for me. Beautiful movie, but because of that rape scene whole story left the bad taste in my mouth.

Giu la testa: in this you see that rape scene coming. We have bunch of upper class hypocrites who are looking down on (literary) poor Juan, who they see as lesser being, when in reality they are no better/even worse than him. So you know Juan will pretty soon have his revenge and show them for what they really are. Of course the stiff, frigid, upper class puritan woman secretly desires real man, so you know what is coming to her. Juan is not an angel after all (especially at the start of the movie) and also he didn’t had use much force (that is the point, actually). I still find that scene distasteful and wrong because it is the only woman in the movie! (if we don’t count the flashbacks) So there is no counterbalance to show better attitude towards women in that movie.

High plains drifter: I still don’t know what’s my verdict on the scene in this movie. It shocked me pretty much first time I saw it, but we must remember that the Clint is having his revenge on the WHOLE town from the begging, he hates them all. Whole town is (literary) turned into hell in this movie, I guess this kind of stuff belongs to Hell, so maybe we should tolerate it in the context of this movie same as we tolerate all the vengeful killings and mutilations.