The complete Sartana Collection (BluRay, Arrow Video)

I have only two ‘Keoma’, Scandinavian and German, but I did have the UK VHS at one time … and I’m not even that big a fan.

Lost count on how many copies of ‘Goldfinger’ … Super 8mm, various VHS and lots of DVD … still haven’t got the Blu, and now it’s been 4k 'ed ? :grinning:

Think I have three Keomas. I just recently got the Blue Underground one as I really wanted to hear Enzo’s commentary.

2 Likes

That’s only borderline crazy :crazy_face: LOL

1 Like

I have two. The BU DVD with all the extras and the double feature blu with The Grand Duel (but it’s so cheap, does it still count? lol) If BU did a Keoma blu I would probably buy it.

I have something like 6 copies of GBU…almost bought a 7th. :crazy_face:

1 Like

You can never have too many copies of GBU :grinning: and upgrading doesn’t count as crazy.

1 Like

Just imagine if I had three copies of the soundtrack :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Hi All,

I havent been around for a while but wanted to pass on some north american price drops at amazon, its down to U$49.99 on a.com and C$77.77 on a.ca, so i had to pick this set up. No drops on a.uk yet.

Time to retire my wild east and franco cleef dvd-r’s :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I must say I’m glad it wasn’t sold out immediately. This way at least everybody who wants it has a chance to get it.

2 Likes

I finished the entire box set and I’ve been delving into the special features and I’m a bit confused on the order the films were released. The site has it listed as
The SARTANA series :

The SARTANA series:
If You Meet Sartana… Pray For Your Death (1968)
I Am Sartana, Your Angel Of Death (1969)
Have A Good Funeral My Friend… Sartana Will Pay (1970)
Light The Fuse… Sartana Is Coming (1970)
Sartana’s Here… Trade Your Pistol For A Coffin (1972)

Going by the back of each blu ray I thought the order was

If You Meet Sartana… Pray For Your Death
I Am Sartana, Your Angel Of Death
Sartana’s Here… Trade Your Pistol For A Coffin
Have A Good Funeral My Friend… Sartana Will Pay
Light The Fuse… Sartana Is Coming

In an interview and another thread here they said Have A Good Funeral My Friend… Sartana Will Pay was the second directed by Giulano. So what is the correct order???

If You Meet Sartana… Pray For Your Death
I Am Sartana, Your Angel Of Death
Sartana’s Here… Trade Your Pistol For A Coffin
Have A Good Funeral My Friend… Sartana Will Pay
Light The Fuse… Sartana Is Coming

That’s the order by release date.

But the last 3 were released within only 4 months, so it is possible they were shot in another order. The Bruckner book lists Have a Good Funeral in the director’s section before Trade Your Pistol.

We still do not know filming dates, in any case it should not be forgotten that the movie with George Hilton is a variation on Sartana’s theme and not part of the series, as proven by the different look (no red tie!) and secondarily by the absence of Franco Pesce.

2 Likes

Based on Garko’s changing facial hair, I think the site is correct about the order.

1 Like

In question is the position of the one with Hilton, and for that question Garko’s facial hair does not help us that much. :wink:
Wrong is anyway that Sartana’s Here… Trade Your Pistol For A Coffin is mentioned on the box with 1972. The film was released in Aug 1970, followed in Oct and in Dez by the last 2 with Garko. (A true Sartana overdose)

1 Like

Yeah, it was a reply to the suggestion that Have a Good Funeral might be the second film. I think that’s definitely the third.

The blu-ray set is an overdose, but a good one

2 Likes

The Sartana Collection will be available again in the Arrow store on 28th October. It’s also part of the ‘buy one, get one free’ sale this month.

Scratch the last part. It’s half price instead.

1 Like

Buy half, get the other half free. :wink:

1 Like

Arrow re-released the box set and is selling it for half the price. What’s the point of releasing it as a “Limited edition” to begin with?? I don’t understand these guys.

https://arrowfilms.com/product-detail/the-complete-sartana-blu-ray/FCD1965

I imagine with it originally selling out at a fairly reasonable amount of time, and the popularity of the release, they wanted to give people who missed out the first time around another chance to get. Also, they may be in the works to give the films separate releases and are gearing up by offering a 2nd pressing.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a counter reaction to the people who bought it only to sell it again for an insane price?

1 Like