The Big Gundown / La resa dei conti (Sergio Sollima, 1966)

Iā€™m not sure, really. It just never did a lot for meā€¦ kinda boring, and not a lot of my favorite spagh elements. Reminds me more of a traditional western than spaghet for most of the runtime.

Thatā€™s cool.

I have to admit I really like it. Even the wife could dig it.

Iā€™ve already seen this one a good number of times, but will likely be rewatching in the near future via the new blu. Weā€™ll see if my opinion changes at all

1 - Thereā€™s no confirmation but in all probability it exists, a 135 minutes cut is reported also in Giustiā€™s Dictionary.
2 - At the moment, no.
3 - It will not be easy, but letā€™s hope!

Same here. Will give this one a rest for a bit.

I bastard-well LOVE this film. Watched it twice since my blu-ray arrived a couple of weeks ago. It was already among my top ten spags upon my first viewing several months ago but it now stands behind only TG,TB&TU and FaFDM as the best of the lot.

I fancy watching it again right now, now Iā€™m thinking about it.

I donā€™t rate it that highly, but it certainly breaks my top ten. I need to revisit it, too. Iā€™ve only seen it twice and as we all know the third time is always a charm! :stuck_out_tongue:

Need to see it again, as I thought it was nothing special the first time I watched it.

What said Corbett in italian to monster-woman when took his hat and prepared to leave, but in next moment was warden by Cuchillo? In english was only ā€œthanks for the teaā€.

Today i watched this on blu ray again
really an excellent movie from sollimaā€¦5 stars

I watched it few days ago on german blu-ray. Great release with english audio and subtitles during the missing dubs. Even the interviews with Sollima in the extras were subtitled in english which is rare for german releases. Recommended bd, itā€™s only 10 euros on amazon.de.

Film itself is of course classic but itā€™s never been one of my biggest favorites. Milian and LVC are great but thereā€™s some problems with the pacing. Itā€™s one of those films where after a while Iā€™m just waiting for the end and the duel scenes.

I like that the contentual climax (audience gets to know whoā€™s the actual offender) is reached before the film final and yes, indeed, the pacing is unusual but for me, it is kind of captivating. When I am rewatching that SW I am waiting with a thrill of anticipation for the manhunt because some of the picture compositions during that part combined with my personal SW soundtrack gives me goosebumps! I think that the language (missing dubs) switching is annoying but to see the Italian version is not a satisfying solution either because a dubbed LVC is also confusing.

[quote=ā€œBill san Antonio, post:299, topic:335ā€]I watched it few days ago on german blu-ray. Great release with english audio and subtitles during the missing dubs. Even the interviews with Sollima in the extras were subtitled in english which is rare for german releases. Recommended bd, itā€™s only 10 euros on amazon.de.

Film itself is of course classic but itā€™s never been one of my biggest favorites. Milian and LVC are great but thereā€™s some problems with the pacing. Itā€™s one of those films where after a while Iā€™m just waiting for the end and the duel scenes.[/quote]

What if the long, long, overlong ranch scene would be completely missing?

That would help, it doesnā€™t add much depth to the movie anyway, itā€™s rather there to have an extra action scene in the middle part. Itā€™s also so weird scene that itā€™s almost like from different film. But then again, I kinda like it anyhow.

Completely missing? It is very simple: 30% of the movieā€™s strength would be lost. :wink:

0,3 % is closer ā€¦

This film is perfect.

Itā€™s amazing how the shorter international release cuts a whole bunch of stuff in odd places (most lamentably a short part at the beginning of the finale!) and yet to my knowledge leaves this intact

What is the runtime of the uncut version?

I have only watched the 95 minute version and it earns 4th or 5th place on my top 20 list.