Father Jack-Leg / The Sting of the West / Tedeum (Enzo G. Castellari, 1972)

Maybe Palance still had some wacky baccy left over from Companeros.

I think Iā€™d need something harder to get me through this one a second time.

One of the WORST (besides Price of Power :P) spaghetti westerns Iā€™ve seen in my life. Watched about 2 minutes, then fast-fowarded around for 1 minute more. This is Castellari!? I canā€™t believe it.

Well we are on silly romp mode in this 70ā€™s one. Palance even likes his beans like those Trinity guys do :smiley: . The family in this are a bunch of freaks if ever there were any. The families mode of transport is quite different. People who have not viewed this one or the later Cry Onion may have a different view of this director and his westerns.

How was the (CG) print you watched?

A little washed out perhaps. Or could have been my initial T.V settings, as tend to watch films on a whole a little on the dark side with not to much colour. My bad eyes you see :stuck_out_tongue: . But adjusted a couple of settings and was OK.
The best I have seen the film look so far though, and of course the film is presented in the correct widescreen ratio of 2.35.

Planning a review Scherpschutter ?

[quote=ā€œENNIOO, post:25, topic:981ā€]A little washed out perhaps. Or could have been my initial T.V settings, as tend to watch films on a whole a little on the dark side with not to much colour. My bad eyes you see :stuck_out_tongue: . But adjusted a couple of settings and was OK.
The best I have seen the film look so far though, and of course the film is presented in the correct widescreen ratio of 2.35.

Planning a review Scherpschutter ?[/quote]

Not really planning, but I did those 70s comedies of Corbucci, so it seems reasonable that I do Castellariā€™s comedies too
I have also noticed that I support comedy spaghs better than I used to do. I hated them, I simply hated the ā€˜feelā€™ of them, today I donā€™t really love them, but occasionally they make me smile.

It will be a real challenge doing a review on Cipolla Colt/Cry Onion, thatā€™s for sure

Pretty much my stance these days. When I come across some of my early forum posts, I was pretty blunt for my dislike for these kind of ones. But I do smile on how silly they are these days on the whole.

I just got this one on the WE label and I must say that I liked it a lot more this time than the first time I saw it. Jack Palance is actually pretty good in it so now I think its okay for a comedy western.

You probably enjoyed it more this time as it isnā€™t Tedeum you got ā€¦ Think youā€™re confusing it with It Can Be Done Amigo, amigo :slight_smile:

Well I must be going the other way because it took me three days to get through this turkey as I couldnā€™t stand watching more than half an hour at any one time without either falling asleep or just getting emotionally worn down. It was only the completist in me that kept me going at all.
Boring, unfunny rubbish from start to finish. And thatā€™s being generous.
Tedium is very apt.

1 Like

This movieā€™s page in the database was upgraded to the new 3.0 layout. Please add reviews, facts, trivia, links and pictures. Let us know when you see something we should be fixing.

I think I avoided this movie so far. If I havenā€™t Iā€™ve forgotten all about it (which would probably be a blessing)

1 Like

When I watched it I just ended up skipping through, it was that bad. Castellari went too far with this one.

ā€¦ and then he went ā€˜furtherā€™ with, ā€˜Cry Onion!ā€™ :wink: briefly redeemed himself with, ā€˜Keomaā€™ ā€¦ and then continued making really bad films until his career stalled.

2 Likes