Talk Whatever

Yes I have bought from him before, and he ships worldwide too, hence why I shop from him, there’s another spanish ebayer whom I got that “His Name Was Pot” VHS from, also ships worldwide. here’s his account: filstrup3 on eBay

With the contact info, addresses are fine to message to each other, and phone numbers too on my Ebay account in the UK. Might just be certain countries that do not allow it.

Thanks Farmer, maybe I will try contacting that second seller as the first replied they are not interested. Can’t seem to find anyone willing to make some easy cash :stuck_out_tongue: Looks like I will have to get a temporary mail address in Spain if I want to get it…

What about posting something in the forum at CG ?

edit…see you have a mailing address now in Spain.

Speaking of ordering abroad, I’m trying to buy some westerns from amazon JP, but it won’t let me log into my already existing UK account. Do I have to make an account just for JP Amazon, or is the site just buggy?

You have to make a separate account for it. Amazon JP is the only one that doesn’t accept accounts from other Amazon. Also, be careful about their promises of English audio I burnt myself on that once, turns out ‘Audio: English’ means ‘one character speaks English in the background of one scene and the rest is in Cantonese with no subtitle options’.

Also, mind of I ask what you’re getting?

Sure, I’m Getting The Man From Hong Kong, for a Jimmy Wang Yu video (So I can use the “Sky-High” theme), and Cemetery Without Crosses.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:3683, topic:370”]What about posting something in the forum at CG ?

edit…see you have a mailing address now in Spain.[/quote]

I did make a post in the forums under the custom Spanish subtitles thread asking about it, maybe I should have made my own thread instead.

But yeah, trying this Spainbox site out - they offer a 15 day free trial and after that its only 5 eur/month for the mailing address in Spain. If the tapes get delivered before my trial is over, then should just have to pay shipping costs.

Just received the order total from the seller so now I gotta organize a bank wire transfer, which hopefully won’t be too much of an issue…

Had to add another tape for minimum purchase amount, so I also got Deaf Smith & Johnny Ears since it was the only other title the seller had which could use an upgrade (unless there’s already a better one I don’t know about). It probably won’t be too great quality-wise, but we’ll see…

Yes, the mailbox is worth a shot for sure, and a good price.

[quote=“Farmer_J, post:3686, topic:370”]Sure, I’m Getting The Man From Hong Kong, for a Jimmy Wang Yu video (So I can use the “Sky-High” theme).[/quote]I’ve got a 7" single of that :smiley:

Lucky bugger. That was too far back for me, but my dad got a jukebox as a wedding gift from my late Grandfather years ago, and I’ve been trying to find a copy of Jigsaw since. So far I’ve found the Exorcist soundtrack, and the Superman music in my travels.

Have been listening to the audiobook version of The Gunslinger at work last couple of nights and really enjoying it, although I usually prefer reading to listening for books.

Decided to download the Insomnia audiobook as it is one King novel that really stuck with me, and to my surprise it is read by Eli Wallach

Stuck at home for three days now, not with one sick kid, but with two sick kids. Apart from inevitable being sick myself, as a bonus the film I have seen the most its clearly Frozen, I already know the songs. What’s next the Broadway Musical.

Have recently come across a couple of great image hosting sites. I’ve been using Imgur a lot lately, but they have filesize restrictions and the images are also converted after upload in a way that downgrades quality. Sites like photobucket are even worse, I quit using photobucket a long time ago after I noticed my custom dvd covers always looked like crap after uploading there.

These two sites both preserve full image quality, and allow large filesizes.

http://3ezy.net/
I really like 3ezy because they have a max filesize of 7mb, which is very large for an image, and they also allow unlimited hotlinking so you will never see any of those annoying thumbnail graphics saying bandwidth usage exceeded instead of displaying your image. You do have to provide an email address and they email you the image links.

http://minus.com/
Another good one, but filesize is 5mb, and they do have hotlinking restrictions. They make you link to their page for downloading the fullsized image, and if you try to link to the fullsized image it will display the annoying thumbnail message after only a few people view it. But still pretty good

Just thought some folks here may find those sites useful, neither require account registration or anything

Anyone in the US with Mediacom, if you happen to have channel 886, Cine Clásico, they are showing Uno Para la Horca
November 28 at the following times:
6:00 am - 7:30 am (EST)
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm (EST)
10:00 pm - 11:30 pm (EST)

If you would be able to record this via any method, even VHS, I would gladly pay you for a copy.

[quote=“autephex, post:3694, topic:370”]Anyone in the US with Mediacom, if you happen to have channel 886, Cine Clásico, they are showing Uno Para la Horca

If you would be able to record this via any method, even VHS, I would gladly pay you for a copy.[/quote]

Got cable being installed on the afternoon of the 28th 8) They offer a 3 month money-back guarantee :-X

Just read that a Blade Runner 2 is on the make, but it wont be directed by Ridley Scott!!!

Harrison Ford will be there

I’m already afraid

I’ve got a presentiment a gigantic turkey is coming up… :-\

[quote=“El Topo, post:3696, topic:370”]Just read that a Blade Runner 2 is on the make

Harrison Ford will be there[/quote]

I guess Deckard wasn’t a replicant after all, then… :slight_smile:

Just upped at CG (fandubbbbed):

[/URL]
[URL=http://i.imgur.com/58scD51.png][url]http://i.imgur.com/FhleDpp.png[/url]

[quote=“autephex, post:3695, topic:370”]Anyone in the US with Mediacom, if you happen to have channel 886, Cine Clásico, they are showing Uno Para la Horca

Got cable being installed on the afternoon of the 28th 8)[/quote]

So I got the damned cable service installed (something I previously swore never to do again, TV service is a ridiculous waste of money with how much it costs, all the damned adverts, and the easy availability of stuff online).

Guy shows up and installs early enough so that I can catch the last 2 airings… but this one channel is the only one, out of about 1000, not coming in!

Customer service is the usual hassle, totally ran me around on the issue for a couple days, ended up having to have a tech shecdule to bring out a new box, and he doesn’t show up…

The film is now not scheduled at all for the next 2.5 weeks, hopefully they will play it again at some point (although I am still not receiving the channel and have no guarantee they will fix it)

This fuckin’ movie, man :smiley: