Talk Whatever

Today is mrs.caress’ and my first wedding anniversary.

We’re going for a meal and then a hotel for an amorous evening.

I asked if we could take the portable DVD player and The Big Gundown. This request was met with the stoniest of stony silences.

So, my top last.caress tip for the day is: Women really don’t like celebrating important dates with Spaghetti Westerns.

or Kung Fu movies! I think those are the two least liked genres by women… Try something like Casablanca next year :slight_smile:

[quote=“last.caress, post:3661, topic:370”]Today is mrs.caress’ and my first wedding anniversary.

We’re going for a meal and then a hotel for an amorous evening.

I asked if we could take the portable DVD player and The Big Gundown. This request was met with the stoniest of stony silences.

So, my top last.caress tip for the day is: Women really don’t like celebrating important dates with Spaghetti Westerns.[/quote]

Maybe you should’ve took this one as we’re having a rare hot spell… and you’re planning one ::slight_smile: - Lust in the Sun http://forum.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/topic,1746.0.html
Have a good 'un! :wink:

Meanwhile, I thought I’d better post this pic a friend went to the trouble of doing… of Counterfiet Van Cleef

Superb. I want royalties for making up the name ;D

Just looking through a list on imdb of things filmed in Almeria, Some of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome was shot there!

Have recently built a new PC which involved many hard drive transfers… new computer runs very nicely, but somewhere along the way appears I have lost many GBs of spaghettis… ahhhhh, my ratio at CG is bout to nosedive. How can I be so obsessive and yet still manage to come into this situation :smiley:

Sometimes in life I have found you can put so much effort in, you can still mess up along the way. Weird I know but at least you can get them from CG again :slight_smile: .

Very true, and yeah, not so long ago there wouldn’t have been any way to recover from such a data loss like this, so am pretty glad for that.

That sucks Autephex! Let me know if you need anything there that’s dead. But on another note…

Am I the only one who finds it strange that people in Ringo’s hometown die in alphabetical order?

Thanks Idiot, I think most of the stuff I am missing shouldn’t be a problem to get again. Still trying to sort out exactly what is missing since part of what got me into this mess was not having everything organized properly… just got way too overloaded with content. Honestly not sure if I even need to get some of it again…

Ah, to top it off, the 1.5TB drive that housed the bulk of my digital film collection seems to have just failed out of the blue… taking with it most of my collection…

I think I need a tall glass of milk

Thats a bummer !

Did you try the freezer trick?

And yes, it’s worked for me & others. A temporary fix, no doubt. But what have you got to lose?

This is interesting news if not another hoax like the Maybrick diary. Kosminski has always been the most credible Ripper suspect in my mind anyway.

[quote=“I…I…Idiot, post:3674, topic:370”]Did you try the freezer trick?

And yes, it’s worked for me & others. A temporary fix, no doubt. But what have you got to lose?[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, I’ll give it a shot. I was planning on looking into what can be tried as soon as I can afford a backup drive in case anything works… Lesson learned… just always too broke to afford extra space for proper backups. Luckily, a good chunk of it is scattered amongst spindles of burned DVDs, but at a certain point I gave up on that because it was just getting to be too much.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:3675, topic:370”]Jack the Ripper identified by amateur sleuth as Aaron Kosminski | Daily Mail Online

This is interesting news if not another hoax like the Maybrick diary. Kosminski has always been the most credible Ripper suspect in my mind anyway.[/quote]

Haven’t had a chance to read through the entire article yet, but interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SI-QUIERES-VIVIR-DISPARA-Jose-Maria-Elorrieta-James-Philbroock-Frank-Brana-/371137806894?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item566989822e

If anyone wants a rare tape, this ends in an hour.
Not my auction, just seeing if anyone is interested.

Looks like someone may have got a bargain.

Luckily, I have the other spanish tape of this. That guy has some good tapes every now and again.

Yesterday, I finally passed my driving theory, with 43 out of 50, which is the lowest amount to pass by. ;D

Hey Farmer J, have you ever bought from that seller before? Do you happen to have an email address for the seller? I see they are in Spain and perhaps they would be willing to take my money to get this Spanish VHS I want…

edit: went ahead and messaged him via ebay… just kind of a pain since ebay forbids including direct contact info and whatnot