Talk Whatever

Well put, LC. And sums up my feelings pretty well at the moment. Although I’ve always thought of myself as much a Londoner as an Englishman and at least my city does seem to be exhibiting a little less sabre rattling xenophobia than other parts of the country. A younger, better educated and more multi-cultural population will do that for you I guess. Anyway, as you so rightly say, it is done now and all we can do is try and ensure that our withdrawal from the union is as amicable and non divisive as possible.

As an act of protest however I intend to watch a bunch of European films over the weekend. That’ll show 'em!

1 Like

I’m in the minority of young people who supported Leave but I’m not going to dwell on this issue too much. I agree with last.caress about trying to keep politics out of the forum. The database is a nice escape for me. However, I just want to say that the EU and Europe are not synonymous in my book. We have always been part of Europe.

Out on the town this evening? Keep it “Spag” all the way with this cheeky little number.

http://www.sheknows.com/recipes/spaghetti-western-cocktail

1 Like

I’d like to wish all of my United Kingdom brethren a very happy “Graciously Allowed Those Irksome Colonies to Stand on Their Own Two Feet” Day. You’re welcome, America! :smile:

:laughing::laughing:

Today is my third wedding anniversary. My wife is my soul-mate and my best friend. She gave me a life worth living again, and my only regret is that I didn’t marry her twenty years ago. Of course, she’d have only been fourteen at that point so that probably wouldn’t have worked out at all well, but you know what I mean. I love her, basically.

That’s all. As you were, gentleman.

3 Likes

Congrats LCAress

I have problems with special dates keep forgeting, and my wife even remembers the day we started dating

Feeling peckish? Tuck into this tenuously-themed beauty:

The last caress will not be the last, it seems …

Completely off of the subject (although this is the Talk Whatever thread, so…): I adopt the userid “last.caress” or some variant thereof everywhere I go throughout the internet. Always have done. One time, I registered with a forum - I forget exactly what it was for, I think it was a WWE/wrestling forum - and I hadn’t been there an hour before some guy messaged me privately, saying that he could tell by the userid that I was a romantic and possibly hurt soul, and he started spilling his guts about his long-term relationship and how it had just gone tits-up, and how he’d been casually entertaining vague notions of suicide, and so on. I took it as diplomatically as I could and I tried had to empathize and say something based on my own experiences that might be of small comfort, as much as one total stranger can offer another over the anonymity of a private forum message.

I didn’t have the heart to explain to him that Last Caress is a moderately well-known and dreadfully caustic punk anthem by The Misfits.

3 Likes

Not really my cup of musical tea, but good to know where the pseudo comes from

I’m supposed to be reviewing a documentary about Lionel Messi for another site but the film was so f*cling tedious I almost put my own head through the television just to end it all. I don’t suppose this post would serve well as a review, would it?

I have literally pulled objects off of my own bumhairs which hold more fascination for me (and likely for many of you) than Lionel bloody Messi. I don’t suppose any of you gentlemen have 300 words or so you want to say on my behalf about this dull-as-cockcheese footballer?

No?

Ah well. It was a long shot.

Come on @Companero_M, you must have something decent to chip in about this tedious Argentinian? Give me some inspiration, and you’ll leapfrog Arnold Schwarzenegger to become my all time favourite Austrian :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, I know nothing about Mr. Messi. Ah, wait, didn’t he get into legal troubles some weeks ago? Tax evasion or something like that? And he said he knew nothing about the whole affair and simply trusted his papá … the poor boy.

1 Like

I’ve emailed the owner of the site for whom I’m doing the review and told him it’s all done, I’ve just got to publish it now. I haven’t written a bloody word. I thought putting myself under pressure like that might focus my mind. It hasn’t. :frowning:

1 Like

I just read it. Bravo, well done!

Found this shirt at a store, almost bought it before I noticed.

2 Likes

If you had worn that t-shirt and met a fellow spaghetti fan you would have been shot…

I see posters with that same design and just wonder why someone would bother switching the titles…