Staff favorites

Slackers. :smiley:

Okay

Done !

Nice choice, Scherp. ! :slight_smile:

Now itā€™s Lordā€™s turn ! ;D

Yeah, I like it too.

Iā€™ve got this one Scherp but I aint watched it yet. Following your recommendation I think I better.

I thought it was praised a bit too much though. It has some very fine qualities and a great showdown, but it does have a cheap ā€œgreenā€ look andā€¦ maybe i need to rewatch itā€¦

I chose Matalo! to represent my name on the database.

Everyone attention on deck! I cleaned up the staff favorites a bit. Nowā€™s the chance for everyone to maybe revisit their texts, add to them, update them, fix mistakes, etcā€¦ Also, new staff members, feel free to add yours!

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Staff_favorites

Iā€™ve made my pick.

1 Like

Some of the staffers are a bit stiff on the board ā€¦

very true unfortunately, but as it is with hobbies, there are ups and downs in the amount of time you can sink into itā€¦
I have some hopes nudging @Lode and a few others to be more active :wink:

Are the staff members active somehow outside the forum, like on the main page? Because that list almost doesnā€™t make sense, only few of them are active hereā€¦ I also donā€™t understand why Lindberg is there since he was excomunicated long time agoā€¦

well the SWDb is over 14 years old, what constitutes the staff has changed over timeā€¦ I would wholeheartedly agree that it is time to update this, just like other pagesā€¦

Yeah, the update needs to be done badly. Some inactive contributors may ultimately make a comeback at some point in the near future, but such members as Silence are regrettably unlikely to return. From what I understand, he deleted his account and unfortunately seems to be done with this site.

Some of them, Silence and Korano at least, were very young when they joined the forum. They were pretty active for a certain time span, but it seems as they grew up they probably changed their interests.
But even apart from age it is absolutely normal that some are active for a few years and then turn to other things, or simply donā€™t find the time any more to be active in the net.

There is also one called The Halitosos Hid, I canā€™t even remember that he ever was in the forum.

I would agree. If someone has deleted their account it is a bit farcical to still consider them ā€œstaffā€.

Pretty sure he was active in the early days but, again, has not been around for a long time.

@Admin
I think a cull of sorts is definitely in order

1 Like

With that being said, I wouldnā€™t necessarily suggest doing away with the recommendations of the former/inactive staffers, as these are still as relevant as they were 10 years ago. They helped me broaden my understanding of the genre when I was still an utter novice. You could move them elsewhere, create a new section for them or something to that effect.

I checked his account.
He was in the forum for one year, and his last forum activity was a few days before he presented his staff favorite. Back in 2007.

I agree with that point.

On that note, this might be a great opportunity to evaluate the general staff situation