Staff favorites

really looks good .Respecet for all the regular contributors :wink:

but i think you should also link this side to the main page AND to films the reviews refers to …

well the page includes most links to most films, it’s not on the main page yet becasue it’s not complete. is that what you meant?

Seeing as though no one else has claimed it, I think I will go for Return of Ringo.

The purpose of this nice idea seems a little unclear though, I first thought it would be only about personal favorites, not at all about films to recommend to others, we have the top 20 of essential films for that, but now I see many have done just that.

Does that mean you think these should be personal favourites from outside the top twenty? ???

No, the film you pick could very well be from within the top 20, or more likely your own top 20 list.

I just mean that you pick a film that has a special meaning to you, and you explain why you think it is so good.

You don’t have to recommend it to others, and certainly not to newcomers of the spaghetti-genre.

My pick Viva Maria might not even quite belong to the real SWs, it’s more a Eurowestern than a true SW, but it has special meaning to me.

yes this is a personal list. it will be YOUR pick, for whatever reason. it CAN but doesn’t have to be, part of the top 20 list.

Ok, that’s cool then. I’ll stick with Return of Ringo. It fits the bill for me by that criteria :slight_smile:

[quote=“Musket, post:21, topic:737”]really looks good .Respecet for all the regular contributors :wink:

but i think you should also link this side to the main page AND to films the reviews refers to …[/quote]
i meant that we should have a disclimer which says "This is one of the staffs favourite on the page - but now i think it sounds silly :wink: .

“Staff favorites is a list of films that hold a certain place in the hearts of our editors. This is not a best-of list, but merely a list of personal recommendations by our staff.”

isn’t that enough? I think we still don’t quite get what you mean

just forget it … :wink:

Maybe Musket meant template “This is a staff favorite”, like the one used here:
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Era_Sam_Wallachlo_chiamavano%27cos%C3%AC_sia%27

I have just posted my pick, now we’re just waiting for Lode and Tom B. and of course Seb :wink:

By the way, Has Lode been around for a while?

And what about Tom B.? He has a great knowledge about spags and he has seen a lot of them so I think his pick might be interesting.

Yeah, hope they will get around to posting their picks.

Btw, we could also sometime in the future maybe expand the list and include 2 or 3 special favourites each instead of just one.

Could be fun!

That’s a good idea, i agree.

I also agree !!!

I’m up for that too once everyone has posted at least one.

we can extend it when we have more editors. rather than including more favorites in one list though, I’d like to make more lists, to keep it simple.
what about a christmas list? "movies with your favorite gunslingers for boxing day"
or a new year’s list, etc…

Lode is currently held up with work and will post his pick later