SpagvemberFest!

Indeed. And a “Have a Good Funeral My Teutonic Friend… Last Caress Will Pay” to our town marshal Big Sebastian who swerved SpagvemberFest and who, as a result, has a posse of black-clad homoerotic sadists (well, me at least) chasing him down. This is going to chafe us both, amigo.!

Coincidence that I re-watched most of Steffen’s films over last month

A Few Dollars For Django 6.5/10
Bury Them Deep 8
Two Faces of the Dollar 4
A Man Called Django/W Django 9.5
Django the Bastard 7.5
Long Cavalcade of Vengeance 6
Why Go On Killing? 6.5
Two Pistols and a Coward 5
Coffin for the Sheriff 6.5
Dallas/10 Killers Come From Afar 3
Last Tomahawk 5
Arizona Colt Returns 9
Dead Men Don’t Count 8.5
A Stranger in Paso Bravo 7
Too Much Gold for One Gringo 8.5
Two Crosses at Danger Pass 8.5
Cjamango 8
A Man Called Amen 4
Adiós, Sabata 9 (Blu-ray)
Sabata 8 (Blu-ray)
Return of Sabata 5 (Blu-ray)
May God Forgive You… But I Won’t 8
Kill Them All and Come Back Alone 7.5 (Perfect until Chuck betrays them)
Finger on the Trigger 4
In a Colt’s Shadow 7
The Ugly Ones 9.5 (Wild East disc is the best sounding and looking i’ve seen, still not amazing)
Tepepa 9.5
Sonny & Jed 6
Arriva Sabata 7
And God Said to Cain 9

Only 5 days to go amigos.
Who’s up for Spagvemberfest again this year?

I will try. Can you sum up the rules of the game once more for the (re)new comers?

I’m in

There is only really one rule, brothers: You are to watch (or at least try to watch) a spaghetti western every day in November. 30 days, 30 spags. That’s it! You can work to a theme or criteria of your own choosing if you wish (for instance, a couple of years ago I watched my personal top 30 favourite spags in ascending order; last year my 30 films were comprised purely of movies I’d either not seen yet or had only maybe seen once and felt were due another look), but that’s not compulsory. You may select any 30 spags you like, for any reason or for no reason. Pick 'em at random if you want. Or watch the same film thirty times on the trot if that’s what snaps your radish. It doesn’t matter. All that DOES matter is 1 spag per day, every day, throughout November (as far as you’re able).

If you miss a couple, you miss a couple. Doesn’t matter. If you miss a dozen, you miss a dozen. Still doesn’t matter. But it’s quite fun to at least try. I have taken a spag and a portable DVD player out with me to friends’ houses in order to keep my run going (as I’ve also done with horror movies during similar Halloween challenges throughout October). I appreciate that that sounds quite rude on the face of it but, in my defence, most of my friends are slack-jawed seatsniffers.

As to a theme this year, I’m not sticking to any. Exclusively watching films with which I wasn’t at all familiar last year was f*cking brutal but the “top 30” idea from the year previous was a pleasure since it was all of my favourite movies. So this year it’s just a bunch of spags I want to see, most of which will inevitably be plucked from my favourites but with no real structure. I know the thirty I’ll be watching but, as yet, I still haven’t decided on the order (and again, even though I will be deciding an order in advance, that’s not a hard and fast rule either; you gentlemen can decide your movie order in advance if you like, or you can wing it day-to-day if you’d rather).

4 Likes

LOL.

Dunno if I have enough time but I’m gonna try at least. Personal theme would be nice again, maybe 30 Django films?

Guess I’m in. Probably good for the mental health. Don’t think I’ll make it though, due to a November family drama weekend in Gdansk.

Got it wrong last year then. Watched 30 spags in November, but not one every day.

Well that’s okay too! I mean the aim is one per day but I had plenty of days last year and the year previous where I’d missed a day and so watched a couple the next day in order to catch up (catching up’s not compulsory though, only do this if you want to).

I’ll give it a shot then. Think I need it.

It seems that I need to re-watch quite a few Spaghs. So I’ll give it a go!

Good luck getting through the Fidani films. I’m going to make an effort to watch a few of his films this November… with a large amount of booze in my veins to ease the headache of course!

Extra brownie points for those writing full reviews of films the SWDB doesn’t have one yet

I plan to review Il lungo giorno della violenza. Also plan an alternative review of Death Played the Flue, the latter of course already has a review, but I think perhaps a little bit too negative.

I’ve been wanting to do a review of the genre’s only animated feature, West and Soda, for awhile now. As well as the two wonderfully deplorable Tressette Films. Permission to write and post them captain?

Also I was wanting to do a comparison review for the Kino Lorber and Explosive Media release of Faccia A Faccia. It doesn’t seem to be on the page and I think that a good review of those two releases are in order.

1 Like

My plan for the month is to watch every Anthony Steffen Spag in chronological order. A Steff-fest if you will. Or Roll and Shoot a go-go! This will involve re-watching Killer Kid which was in my list last year but what the heck. That, at least, will be a pleasure. There are more than a couple of others that I haven’t re-watched for good reason. Still, I think a complete review of the big man’s efforts in the west is the least I can do for someone who starred in no less than 25 Spaghettis. I may well put my writing head on again and produce something suitable for the database in the way of an article or review or two or somesuch.

Of course, with the Steff-Fest only lasting for 25 films it still leaves me 5 slots to play with in case I need a rest. I’ll leave those open to allow a choice based on what I might feel like on any particular day.

I am also thinking to watch a couple of Fidanies, and I have bought a pint for the purpose.

Another film I need to rewatch is Challenge Of The McKennas. There is a certain film I suspect will burst into my alternative 20 before this year is out, so I have the problem that another has to go.

I used to have a download of it, but I lost it some time ago. Someone who can help me out?

I thought you were done with that ten months ago?