Spaghetti Western Sunday at Banks Street Bar in New Orleans!

It’s all very good! That said, I’ve a definite preference for version [size=12pt]B[/size] of FaFDM. More energy.

Thanks Everyone! Yeah, B is my choice too.

This Sunday September 7th we’re continuing our journey with the American Eastwood Westerns with Pale Rider! Music Provided by the Scordatura String band during the intermissions! I’ll be cooking Butterbeans with pork in a tomatillo/jalapeno base and Mexican Rice too! Come on down everyone!

Have you ever tried making that yellow colored stew that you see at the beginning of GBU?

Haha, I’ve always wanted to! That and the stew that Tuco and Angel Eyes eat at the POW camp!

This Sunday September 14th we’re ending our journey with the American Eastwood Westerns with Unforgiven! Music Provided by the Scordatura String band during the intermissions! I’ll be cooking Butterbeans with pork in a tomatillo/jalapeno base and Mexican Rice too! Come on down everyone! The show will start one hour earlier at 6PM so we can accommodate another Amazing band at 10:30 - Chilled Monkey Brains!

Hello Everyone! Here is a new clip of The Scordatura String Band playing the theme to The Grand Duel at Spaghetti Western Sunday in New Orleans!

Hi, this one is a little better… 8)

and that guy who is playing violins must be a professional…

They both play in several bands around New Orleans. Total Pros.

Mike Harvey (lead violin in Grand Duel) plays in:
The Courtyard Kings
Nola County
The Scordatura String Band
Johnny Angel and Helldorado

James Hausman (band leader of the band featured) plays in:
The Scordatura String Band
Dave Jordan Band
Ron Horstream & the MidCity Drifters

Both Great GREAT Musicians :slight_smile:

Turbodog, I don’t suppose you fancy moving your entire bar and setup to the suburban United Kingdom, specifically the Pitsea area of Essex anytime soon? :slight_smile:

You planning on making anything with Chipotle? I’m getting hungry.

Doing this in the UK would be a dream! Haha, honestly I’d love the chance to set up in a bar that would have me there and work a stint!

Mmmmm… I love chipotle! I’ve never made chipotle surprisingly enough. Most of my creations center around a tomatillo/jalapeno base which is easily made and I’ll share with you :slight_smile:

5 lbs of jalapenos - washed and remove stems
5 lbs of tomatillos - peeled, washed and remove stems
2 large onions
1 bunch of cilantro

boil jalapenos in salt water in stock pot
boil tomatillos in saltwater in another stock pot

while the pots are going, coarsely chop onions and cilantro and liquefy in a blender
put mixture in very large mixing bowl or pot
remove tomatillos from boiling water when you see the little guys change color from a dark green to a light green - do not allow them to burst in the water
liquefy them in blender - add to onion mixture
remove jalapenos from the boiling water when you see them burst
liquefy them in blender - add to mixture

mix all ingredients and add salt water to the mixture to desired consistency and saltiness

Now this is a GRADE A cooking sauce you can add to ANYTHING - Pork, Beef, Eggs, Etc…

You could also add liquefied avocados to the mixture and make a great salsa!

Cool. Thanks for the recipe.

I’d like to see a picture of an order next time you make it!

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:34, topic:3411”]Cool. Thanks for the recipe.

I’d like to see a picture of an order next time you make it![/quote]

If you friend me on Facebook, I have an album of photos outlining the process!

Hello Everyone! Here is a new clip of The Scordatura String Band playing The Ecstasy of Gold at Spaghetti Western Sunday in New Orleans!

Please take a look at our official Facebook Page!

Also take a look at our Event Page!

This Sunday October 5th we’re back on our Spaghetti Western Schedule with My Name is Nobody! Music Provided by Ron Hotstream and the MidCity Drifters during the intermissions! Southwestern Cooking will be Available! Come on down everyone!

Here is the band in action at various venues around New Orleans!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ronhotstream

This Sunday October 12th we’re showing A Genius, Two Partners and a Dupe! Music Provided by Ron Hotstream and the MidCity Drifters during the intermissions! Southwestern Cooking will be Available! Come on down everyone!

Tuesday October 21st I’m going to be hosting a Spaghetti Western Inspired Pop-Up Restaurant called Tuco Taco Tuesday! If you find yourself in New Orleans in a week, this will take place at the Hi-Ho Lounge!