Sei bounty killers per una strage (Lattanzi / 1973)

(Phil H) #1

No thread for this one up till now and probably for good reason. It’s obvious micro budget is the least of its problems as the story line is inconsistent, the characters ill defined and the direction patchy at best. Robert Woods is the nominal star but is on screen less than a Kinski drive through and is clearly substituted by an extra wearing his costume on numerous occasions. In one particular bar room scene this pseudo Woods moves sideways, crab like, out of shot in order to avoid showing his face to camera. He needn’t have bothered. We know who you are! Or rather, who you’re not.

Donald O’Brian’s character is the heavy of the piece yet somehow gets sympathetic treatment by the end, Woods’ character has a lost family thread which seems tacked on and the rest of the bounty killers (one who sports a hook so obviously held in place by the ‘missing’ hand it is supposed to be replacing that it looks like a kid’s Halloween prop) are an ill fitting bunch with only marginal points of interest. In all, it’s a mess, if a harmless one, and for completists only.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Sei_bounty_killers_per_una_strage

(ENNIOO) #2

Ha, ha …so it was a quick beer cheque for Woods then :smiley: .

(CORMAC) #3

i hear there’s a fandub of this movie italian?english subs has anyone got it and if so would you be willing to sell me a copy.

(Phil H) #4

I have it. I don’t sell copies but will happily send you one. I’ll PM you.

(ENNIOO) #5

Super low budget this one. Feels very patchy, like the pieces have been sewn together. The story is a simple one. You care for none of the characters though. Even Woods with more screen time would not have helped this one much. Most painful scene is seeing a guy having an ingrown toenail removed…those swines are very nasty :stuck_out_tongue: .

(Sebastian) #6

The talented @Djangoisme wrote a nice new review of this one, check it out at

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Sei_bounty_killers_per_una_strage_review