Scherpschutter Land

I’ve never seen Scarface, but definitely know that phrase…

The film is obnoxiously popular with young Americans, and the character has become a big icon

The [size=12pt]Blog[/size] has another name, but the story continues
I’m a bit in a [size=12pt]Glenn Ford [/size]mood these days, so working myself through his movies; my latest blog entry, is a double bill (two movies for the price of one - and they’re free):

[size=12pt]http://westernsontheblog.blogspot.be/2014/03/heaven-with-gun-santee.html[/size]

[quote=“autephex, post:21, topic:3154”]I’ve never seen Scarface, but definitely know that phrase…

The film is obnoxiously popular with young Americans, and the character has become a big icon[/quote]
I’ve always really like De Palma (although so far I would say Dressed to Kill is his best film) and Scarface is for me, an excellent piece of filmmaking, yet Al Pacino’s character is utterly repellent (and thus fascinating). To see him as a sort of positive icon… :o

Dressed to Kill is pretty good, Scarface not so much. I like De Palma, but would probably rate not one De Palma with a 9/10

Never been crazy about Scarface. It’s fine, but it never engrossed me as I had expected.

Same thing with my brother. Probably his favourite film I think.

Great idea for a website. I always loved your reviews, Sherp, so I guess there’s one more website for me to follow :wink: