RIP Ernest Borgnine

Legendary American actor Ernest Borgnine died in Los Angeles today April 8th at the age of 95. Borgnine won an Academy Award for best actor in 1955’s “Marty”, but made a household name for himself on TV’s “McHale’s Navy”. Borgnine appeared in 5 Euro-westerns with “A Bullet for Sandoval” his best known.

[quote=“Tom B., post:1, topic:3027”]April 8th[/quote]oops :wink:

R.I.P. Ernest

Yeah, very sad news indeed, a true legend.

R.I.P. Ernie! I think i’ll go watch Emperor of the North.

I only recently saw him in Poseidon Adventure and The Split.

Bummer. R.I.P, Mr. Borgnine.

At 95 it was only a matter of time but no less sad. Thanks for the great performances. RIP.

Oh man, most recent film of his I watched was Red (2010) - only a small part, though - and he still looked fantastic for his age. Sad news, he was a great actor. R.I.P.

95 is a fine innings but still very sad to hear of his passing. R.I.P Ernie

R.I.P.

I saw him in a TV series a while ago, one of those doctors series I occasionally watch with my wife, ER or Grey’s Anatomy, don’t remember which one of the two. It was then that I discovered he was still alive. Hadn’t seen him in a while in a proper movie.

Very sad news. I always liked good old Mr Borgnine…
R.I.P :’(

RIP, Ernest.

I might watch Marty tonight in honor of him.

hm, yesterday, i started to watch Red and when i saw his name during credits i said to myself "jeez, is this guy still alive?"
apparently not, but fine synchronicity

R.I.P. Ernest Borgnine, a great actor, very versatile, who appeared in some real classics over the yesras.

RIP :’(.