Requiescant/Kill and Pray DVDs

Yes, I’m definitely going to get that Arrow release aswell. Am hoping that that and their Cemetery without Crosses-release will be in their upcoming Christmas sale.

as by the other thread, they are (cemetery is, at 9.99)

Yep. I brought the news myself :slight_smile: Sadly Requiescant is still too new so wasn’t part of the sale.

Gave the Arrow guide a once over

Just re-watched the Koch Dvd of this … the one with the “blah” cover. I’d liked the film upon first viewing, probably 3-4 years ago. I must have been distracted then, or something, because tonight I came away feeling I had just watched a GREAT western. I had been indifferent to Castel’s performance, finding it ok but dull. No longer - I now think he nailed the part … showing a quiet strength and humanity. I liked the women, and the villains were suitably nasty. Mark Damon, the overseer of evil, was superb. Strong violence, a satisfying degree of perversity, and a strong script keep things moving along to a conclusion I found completely satisfying. If I were to nitpick I might mention there is no explanation scene to account for Requiescant’s deadly marksmanship. But that bothers me not in the least. I find the Koch dvd entirely satisfactory in terms of audio and video, so I don’t intend to upgrade to the Blu-ray - though I’m tempted, because (now) I enjoy this movie so very much. If I revise my Top 20 list REQUIESCANT will have a place.

1 Like

It’s a very interesting film with not only a great plot but a lot of beautifully shot scenes - The shooting contest, the duel with nooses on bar stools and then the almost Bava-like scene where Damon shows up in the mirror and kills his wife while she’s kneeling before a cross (It’s been a while since I’ve seen it but I think it was something like that). It’s almost in my top 20, but I choose The Fury of Johnny Kidd as my contender for a theatrical spag, although I like the them pretty much the same…

Well said, I concur - and I’m also a big fan of “Fury of … “