Relevo para un pistolero (Ramón Torrado, 1964)

Database page: Relevo para un pistolero - The Spaghetti Western Database

A stranger from Boston offers a notorious Arizona outlaw a job he can’t refuse.

Have someone seen this rarity ? I know, that there is a spanish vhs from divisa, I’ve seen screenshots in the french western-maniac-forum !
I’m a big fan of Luis Davila, so i’m very interested in that film !

Not heard of till now…one for me to look out for aswell :wink:

Viewed this one last night. A young man enters town and sets up a business and all goes well. That is until he goes for a drink one night at the saloon and comes into conflict with local bad guy. He was warned off this by his friend played by Alex Nicol. Nicol plays a former gunman who no longer uses a gun. Anyway Nicol teaches his friend how to use a gun fast, with a few interesting mdifications. Its after this point I thought the story became a little less routine in this early entry, probably looks a little earlier than it is as filmed in Black and White. This one was easy to enjoy for me as like Alex Nicol.

Listed as a euro western in the database so maybe someone could transfer this thread to the Eurowestern and Hybrids section…thanks.

Done! :nerd:

Cheers :slight_smile:

Never heard of this one before, think I’ll go looking for a copy, sounds … well, interesting

Had this one sitting on my “to watch” pile for some time so it seemed the perfect time to finally get to it while I’m on my early Eurowestern kick.

Perhaps a better title might have been “When Good Haberdashers Go Bad” as the slightly odd set up is of a guy coming to town to open a fabric shop but who gets drawn into taking on the local town bully only to take on his place and characteristics after defeating him.

I actually quite enjoyed it but it is so far removed from the Spaghetti aesthetic as to be almost from another century. The black and white photography obviously adds to this but in truth everything about it from the music and costumes to the script and acting style, even the haircuts gives the impression of a film made in the 1940s rather than 1960s.

It’s an interesting piece for the completists among us and quite enjoyable if taken for what it is but I couldn’t really recommend it to anyone hoping for anything remotely connected to the Dollars films or Django. More like something that might have featured Joel McCrea and Victor Mature than Clint Eastwood and Franco Nero.

This film’s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Improvements are welcome.

1 Like