Recommended unknown spaghettis!

Quinta: Fighting Proud
Interesting mix of Fidani, Shoot the Living, Pray for the Dead, and Day of Anger.

I say Fidani because it has some really ridiculous touches such as outlaws robbing a bank disguised as leppers! Well, It’s a Leon Limovsky movie so maybe it makes sense.

I’m gonna bump this thread and contribute my list of good, fun or overlooked flicks without a English friendly proper release!

1.John the Bastard
2.Go With God, Gringo
3.Shotgun
4.El Puro
5.The Deserter
6.Adios, Hombre
7.Wanted Johnny Texas
8.God Is My Colt
9.Death Walks in Laredo
10.Gunman of One Hundred Crosses
11.Pray to God and Dig Your Grave
12.Badlands Drifter
13.Sonora
14.Sam Wallash
15.Taste of Death

Now I’d like to see your lists!

2 Likes

Examples from my Top 10 already mentioned are Dead Men Ride (8/10) and Requiem For A Gringo (strong 7/10) which though probably not are so unknown anymore,
I am not so experienced as ElDavido so I just include some SWs from my Top 30 that I guess at least are not so very well known to beginners, but everyone active on this forum probably know them very well (but I get a chance to push for these fine SWs :slight_smile: )

Rated 7/10 by me :

Ramon The Mexican ( Maurizio Pradeaux)
Johnny Hamlet/The Wild And The Dirty (Enzo G. Castellari)
My Name Is Pecos (Maurizio Lucidi)
Death Sentence (Mario Lanfranchi)
Requiescant/Kill And Pray (Carlo Lizzani)
The Unholy Four/Chuck Moll (Enzo Barboni)
No Room To Die/Hanging For Django/A Noose For Django (Sergio Garrone)
Black Jack (Gianfranco Baldanello)
Garringo (Rafael Romero Marchent)
Blood At Sundown/One Thousand Dollars on the Black (Alberto Cardone)
A Hole In The ForeHead/ A Hole Between The Eyes (Giuseppe Vari)

The first film I can think of that I have never seen in English is W Django! AKA A Man Called Django. I have only seen it in Italian.
I would also like to see The Relentless Four with Adam West have a new, remastered release full of extras.
Hands of a Gunfighter directed R. R. Marchent too.

Pokerface - 9.5/10 definitely the best unknown spaghetti, you must get a copy

:neutral_face:

2 Likes

Interesting title! :cowboy_hat_face: Who’s in it?

Scansati… a Trinità arriva Eldorado

:+1:Thanks!

Alternative title is more fitting as it has a clue for viewers: “Stay Away from Trinity… When He Comes to Eldorado”

2 Likes

If I take my top fifty, removes 17 that are in the official top 20, then another 8 currently in the alternative 20, and then another 8 that are not strictly spaghs, I am left with these 17, not exactly unknown, but some of them underrated I think, all of them recommended,

1. Boot Hill
  2. Sonora
  3. I Want Him Dead
  4. And the Crows Will Dig Your Grave
  5. The Long Days of Vengeance
  6. Cost of Dying
  7. A Minute to Pray, A Second to Die
  8. Challenge Of The McKennas
  9. El Bandido Malpelo
  10. Hate Is My God
  11. Death Played the Flute
  12. The Ultimate Killer
  13. Find a Place to Die
  14. Why Go on Killing?
  15. Terrible Day of the Big Gundown
  16. Vengeance for Vengeance
  17. A Hole In The Forehead
2 Likes

But the new version has Lady Gaga doing the title track.

1 Like

Ooh, I’ll Sell My Skin Dearly is another one that comes to mind

:dizzy_face: Really?!

Yep :no_mouth:

I want to know the reasoning behind that decision.

Very good list Morgan! Some of them Sure do deserve a proper release!

Yes, Gaga (of Italian descent) is related to Massaccesi. She recently took an interest in his work, Specifically Pokerface for obvious reasons, as she does with a lot of non-mainstream stuff, and chose to sort of ‘refurbish’ the soundtrack to the movie, of course securing the rights first. A brand new transfer (master from the family vault) to be released later this year on blu-ray. She also did some unreleased acoustic music for this and will supply a commentary track. Should be very interesting!

2 Likes

I rarely pre-order, but will make an exception for this one

1 Like

Wow!!
I admit I’m not a fan of Lady Gaga but a mainstream Pop artist going off mainstream is interesting.

I put together an exclusive trailer for Pokerface featuring alternate Lady Gaga OST title track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEd70FEgE24

6 Likes