Recommended multi-region DVD players

Whats some good dvd players you can hack into?

I picked up a portable DVD player for work which arrived two days ago and wow, its simply amazing. Philips PET1002, which offers a 10.2" screen. Normally portable players have around a 7" screen, however, I wanted something with a wide angle and much larger viewing display specifically for subtitle reading. Before taking the plunge and purchase this expensive bad boy - $270+(including shipping) - I picked up a Philips model from Wal-Mart which totally sucked for the price. I returned it the very day I bought it.

I looked online at videohelp.com and it’s totally hackable. I already switched region code to zero and tested it out by watching a PAL region 2 disc. It played flawless. I assume portable DVD players have the ability to convert to PAL/Mult/NTSC. At least the portable DVD player I have allows the switch. Very neat considering I own PAL DVDS along with NTSC DVDS.

According to cnet.com, this player is listed as the number 1 portable DVD player on the market currently given a ranking at 8.2 (not that high actually). Ironically customer reviews only tally to around 6.2 Odd eh? Cnet - 8, customers - 6. Owners of the player are scoring the player a bit low due to poor audio or at least thats the common complaint I read from multiple ppl.

This Is Where I Get All My Code-Free Players From:
www.220-electronics.com.
They Have A Huge Selection Of Players & Their Service Is Excellent.
I Have A Toshiba(Similar To The SD4990)& I’m Upconverting To 1080i.
By Using This Mode You Get Near HD Quality Out Of Your SD Dvds,But Your T.V.
Must Also Have A 1080i Mode & You Have To Use A HDMI Cable To Get These Results.

I might be getting the Philips DVP642 nice site btw.

I have had a Sony chipped player since the year 2002 (my first DVD player) and it’s still going strong.

Thought about getting a Sony player(they are really nice) but not sure it would be easy to get hacked.

Mine was a brand new one from a company that pre-hacks it for you, but I cannot remember the firm’s name now.

YesAsia.com has a nice selection of brand players that are region free and most likely come with free shipping as well.

Please use the link below to buy to support this website:

REGION FREE DVD PLAYERS at YESASIA.com[url]Webgains

Here at Amazon.de: click here[url]Amazon.de Bestseller: Die beliebtesten Artikel in undefined