R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

TBH, I preferred Ronnie Corbett to Ronnie Barker, whom I only really liked in Porridge. Mr. Corbett’s rambling shaggy-dog stories were always a highlight of The Two Ronnies.

RIP

Liked Corbett’s monologues and the mastermind sketch was one of my favourites.

RIP John Ireson. Whose John Ireson? Well you probably knew him better as one-half of the Wilder Brothers singing group who composed the score for “The Cold Killer” but probably best remember him for the vocal to Johnny Yuma. John was born on September 24, 1937 in Smethport, North Carolina and passed away on Tuesday April 6th in Lexington, Kentucky. He was 78. Along with his singing partner Wayne Parham who died in 2007, their voices were an intricate part of the Euro-western sound we’ve all come to love. Along with Peter Tevis they are probably the most well-known American singers of the genre. To read the complete obituary click on the link to my Boot Hill blog. https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=714670647903891935#overview/src=dashboard

1 Like

Love that Johnny Yuma song.

Merle Haggard. He epitomized the “Bakersfield sound” of country music. He passed on his 79th birthday. Quite a life. RIP.
Maybe not SW related but certainly gritty and sun-scorched.

Oh no, the Wilder Brothers were great.

Yes, this one is so beautiful.

And here are the lyrics for both songs:

Lanky Gunman

A lanky gunman aims at your reward
Tonight he rode in town, so I am told
Ride away before it’s too late
A lanky gunman knows how to play his own game
And when you meet, you’re bound to die

People say he’s a killer
A killer he well may be
Lanky gunman is a killer
A killer like you and me

A lanky gunman aims at your reward
Tonight he rode in town, so I am told
Ride away before it’s too late
The lanky gunman knows how to play his own game
And when you meet, you’re bound to die

Johnny Yuma

Wherever there’s a road, he rides
Wherever with his horse he rides
Blue skies or a starry night
Are better than a warming home

Johnny Yuma, don’t go!
Johnny Yuma, stay here!
What do you think you’ll find beyond the mountains?

But Johnny is a reinless horse
Tomorrow he’ll be far away
Let him ride, he will return

Johnny Yuma, don’t go!
Johnny Yuma, stay here!
What do you think you’ll find beyond the mountains?

But Johnny is a reinless horse
Tomorrow he’ll be far away
Let him ride, maybe he’ll return
He will return
He will return
He will return

Terrible lyrics, terrible songs. And an absolutely worse start for both films.

1 Like

R.I.P dude…enjoyed the songs.

R.I.P. Gareth Thomas - Died: April 13, 2016 (age 71) in UK

Magnificent Welsh actor, who is probably most famous for portraying the main character, Roj Blake, in the classic 1970’s BBC Sci-Fi series, ‘Blake’s 7’… which was one of my favourite childhood memories.

Gareth Thomas also starred in TV adaptions of ‘Children of the Stones’; and the 1975-1976 TV adaption of ‘How Green Was My Valley’, which also starred the late, great Stanley Baker, in the lead role.

R.I.P. Gareth Thomas.

RIP Ilija Ivezic. Croatian stage, film and TV actor Ilija Ivezic died on April 14th. He was 89. Ivezic appeared in over 70 film and TV programs in his 60 year career. Ivezic appeared in nine Euro-westerns including eight Winnetou films such as “The Treasure of Silver Lake” (1962), “Apache Gold” (1963), “Frontier Hellcat” (1964), “Rampage at Apache Well’s” and also in “Hellhounds of Alaska” (1972).

Joanie Laurer aka Chyna, found dead at her home yesterday. She was the epitome of D-Generation X just as they were the epitome of The Attitude Era. I know not many have too much sympathy for Joanie for the choices she made since leaving the WWE but Chyna was a fantastic character who, under better circumstances, should’ve been a bigger lock for the WWE Hall of Fame than most of the guys already in there (I still hope she makes it). And everybody makes silly mistakes; we’re none of us saints. She was 46.

RIP

RIP Guy Hamilton, director of Goldfinger (1964), Diamonds Are Forever (1971), Live and Let Die (1973) and The Man With the Golden Gun (1974). He was 93.

Bloody hell was not expecting Chyna to be on here. RIP

And Guy Hamilton too, this is sad day. RIP Guy.

Prince found dead now too. He was 57.

RIP

Seems to be alot of stars dying !

Victoria Wood yesterday too of course, although I’m unsure how well-known she might’ve been outside the UK. Big star here though, obviously.

The Grim Reaper has gone celeb-hunting in earnest this year. :cry:

2016 is not a good year to be an Iconic Actor/Director/Comedian/Musician/Wrestler :tired_face:

Italian supporting actor Ugo Adinolfi died in his sleep in Rome on April 26th. He was 73. His son Mario reported his father’s passing on Facebook. Ugo was born in Milan, Lombardy, Italy on April 1, 1943. He moved to Rome where he graduated from the Experimental Centre of Cinematography and became an actor in over 60 films of which eighteen were westerns. In the early 1970s he left the business to devote time to his family. Most of the films he appeared in he had small parts and he was cast mainly for tax purposes. Among his films were “Killer Kid”, “The Moment to Kill”, “The Wild and the Dirty” (all 1967), “Gatling Gun”, “Kill Them All and Come Back Alive”, “The Mercenary”, “Sartana” (all 1968), “A Man Called Apocalypse Joe” (1970) and “Drummer of Vengeance” (1971). His son is journalist and politician Mario Adinolfi.