Quentin Tarantino fans

Very agreeable review. Although I must say some of his trademark extended dialogue scenes carried on for tto long.

I’m not lying when I say I had a terrible time watching “Death Proof” It was a tedious bore that only became mildly entertaining when we get to see Tarantino rip segments from other movies to make his good, but not at all impressive, car chase.
I understand you were wowed because we haven’t had a car chase in ages that didn’t involve CGI in some way but you can’t sit there and tell me this was a landmark.
The rest of GRINDHOUSE was solid. The Planet Terror flick was fun and the fake trailers were the best thing about the whole picture. But the last film was terrible.

I’m aware what they were going for, thank you, but that still doesn’t make “Death Proof” remarkable/entertaining to me.

Maybe you but I don’t make it my mission to hit the theatres every weekend (I can’t recall last time I went). I have way too much fun staying at home and watching movies I have in my collection that I haven’t touched yet.

i’m not saying it was a landmark.

but… whatever… i liked it, and i had tons of fun, watched grindhouse 5 times in one weekend. 8)

Not only that but the dialogue was sub-par (especially from the first set of girls).

Remember back in the mid 90’s when Pulp Fiction had just come out there was a slew of dialogue driven films trying to emulate Tarantino’s style?
Do you remember how bad the dialogue in those films were?
That is what the dialogue in DEATH PROOF felt like to me.
It felt like a cheap Tarantino knock off.
A shame Tarantino was behind the wheel on this one.

Incredible that it still failed at the box office then :smiley:

Death Proof was wonderful.

word

Looking forward to Inglorious Bastards ! Not a remake but more kinda tribute movie exisiting of 2 parts.

The question is when Tarantino will release his own western.

he’s still got 40 lashes in his drawer :wink:
i’ll ask him next time I see him

[quote=“showdowner666, post:28, topic:613”]The question is when Tarantino will release his own western.[/quote]Tarantino has once said he will make a western when he has become as good director as Leone. So, probably never. haha!

check this out:

[quote=“Sebastian, post:31, topic:613”]check this out:

http://www.tarantino.info/2008/11/09/tarantino-enlists-ennio-morricone-to-score-basterds/[/quote]

An interesting ‘departure’ for yer man, Seb.

Cowabunga! This sounds nice!
Of course he wants Morricone for HIS kind of SW!

Morricone is no longer interested in doing the soundtrack any longer…

I can relate to Morricone not wanting to be rushed.

I have been a fan of QT for quite some time and I enjoy all his movies - yes not all are original but they are all entertaining one level or another.
I really liked Death Proof too - I saw the extended cut as well on dvd - great stuff.

Don’t get me wrong. I like the man’s first three movies (Particularly JACKIE BROWN).
They are all amongst the best films of the past half century. I just don’t dig his inflated ego sometimes, especially when he doesn’t know nearly enough about the films he claims to be a fan of.
He can name titles well enough but start asking him who stars in those titles and you’d be surprised by the answers you get.

Anyway, I liked this trailer for IG well enough - YouTube .

I’m still opposed to using Enzo’s title , considering it isn’t a remake of his war movie , and the casting of Eli Roth :stuck_out_tongue:

Was not even interested in seeing it at first but when I did, I can’t remember being as pleasantly surprised by a movie as I was by this. One of the best car chase scene in movie history (I know, I know but I can’t deny it). Fans of Bullitt, French Connection, Seven Ups etc. should see it just for that alone. Only Tarantino can pay homage to himself (check out the diner scene ala Reservoir Dogs)

Inglorious Bastards is in cinemas soon, I’ll prehaps go and watch it!

In the US you’d need an adult to get in.