Post pet pix

[quote=“Lindberg, post:17, topic:2000”]Maybe Scherp is just allergic to fur? :wink:

Anyway, I think it’s terrible double standards really with those who care so much for their cats and dogs, but don’t ever think about the animals in the meat industry

Pigs for example are as intelligent as dogs, but are often treated in an appalling way during their short lives before slaughter

I’m not a vegetarian, and many animals eat other animals, so that’s not the problem, we’re all part of the eco-system

But I think everybody should try to get meat that are produced in a more ethical way, even if it’s more expensive. In fact meat is a luxury you don’t have to have everyday

Same with fish, 90 % of the large fishes are gone from the world’s oceans because of the industrial overfishing during the last decades. I think it’s depressing

All this is worth keeping in mind at least…[/quote]

True words,Lindberg
I guess,only a few people give some thoughts about that
Its no wonder,for the reason that animals are denoted as things and not as living creatures
Thats an absurdity ! When it should be progress - then i rather stand still

My dear pet-haters: You need love too. When you’re 83 and you’re complaining that your grandkids don’t visit you, Fou Fou will be the only one who will cuddle with you :wink:

Lindberg, it’s just a matter of bonding. If you had the opportunity to bond with a pig as you do with a cat or dog or hamster, etc. the emotional reaction towards their loss would still be the same.

I’m not going to be guilty because I can’t solve all the world’s problems or contradictions, nor should that stop me from being who I am or what I feel is right for me - which is, I like pets. I don’t have any with me at the moment because I travel a lot, but that’s as ethical as I’ll get; I know my situation doesn’t warrant for rearing pets. But to say you’re being too kind to your pets when there are animals dying elsewhere - that logic is annoying beyond belief. This Green Guilt-tripping Activist Attitude is bullshit. We can only influence the people and events around us and only this way do we slowly influence and perhaps change the world for the better. But don’t count on changing the big picture before you change your own environment.

I understand the frustration towards the overindulgence in pets. There are many dogs in my complex that whimper all the time. It’s not normal barking that dogs usually do when they greet someone. It sounds like they’re not being properly taken care of. I think pets are a reflection of their owners. There is a very annoying dog that cries all the time randomly and doesn’t quit. By the time I call management, they’re already bored and say I’m like the third person who’s complained. In this situation, it’s not the dog’s fault. I heard that the owners locked the dog in the bathroom! Some people just don’t know how to raise pets properly. If anything, I think there should some sort of training for owners.

You misunderstand, I have no objection to people having pets

Not pets, but here are some pics my wife took last year, while i was helping a friend bale some hay.

Nice.

Wow… I’ve never seen a deer before… is that a deer btw? :wink:

No, I don’t think so, seen similar deer’s (we have pics of them too). They are often seen at the West coast in Sweden.

Yup, they’re whitetail deer, quite common around here. And they’re protected from hunting in the particular area where i was working, so they’re relatively tame.

Where were you working?

About 250 acres of mostly hay, with a bit of woods scattered about. Owned by a group of nuns (sisters of something-or-other). The property is also adjacent to a State Park where the deer are also protected from hunting. All in the Mid-lantic State of Maryland.

Do not have a camera to post a pick of my pet amazon macaw. but i really love animals.
But i love my twin boys more than any animal.
but i hate BIG DEAL people. >:(

this is my doberman pinscher Hades…he’s a good dog

Love Dobermans, they’re so much nicer than their reputation. Perhaps it’s because people give them names like Hades. ;D

yea…dobies have a bad rep…but they are really sweet dogs

Every one i’ve ever met has been very cool.

klint, your dog will scare the people who don’t know any better :slight_smile:

Our new editions to the family

Cool. How many do you have?

RE: deer. If you were here you would see them all the time. Across the street there is a five acre lot of forest which, thankfully, the owner does not want to sell or have buildings on. Lots of deer live in that small space. See them very frequently. Plenty of other wild animals too. Since I live in a city there is no hunting or shooting allowed so the deer are fairly tame. My wife used to have a small flower and herb garden but the deer at them all every year. Also have rabbits living across the street who play in my front yard around sundown. Even managed to get the racoons acquainted with me enough that they won’t run away if I go outside.

We have 2. Trixy & Bela. They actually belong to the kids & we obviously named by them. I am highly allergic to cats & dogs so these guys are the best we’re going to get. I like fish but we have little room for a tank. Fish can be very therapeutic (& tasty :wink: )

Fish are also not the best pets for children. Most don’t last long in aquariums even with a lot of work being done to keep the water clean and properly balanced, etc… It can become a very expensive hobbies. And when Mr. Fishie floats to the top you’ve got a unpleasant parent-child conversation ahead.

But a fine meal. :wink: