Post pet pix

My friend’s Siamese. A big guy and very aloof even for a cat. He doesn’t like to be cuddled.

You wouldn’t believe what he’s made of: a Chow-Timber wolf-Malamute mix. :o

My Shepherd and Labrador mix. 2001, RIP

Malamute, 8 years young, 70kg!

Cute.

I hate pets. Why do people raise animals without the purpose of eating them?

Great pics, Mrs Angel Eyes. My pet is a gentle-souled Boxer. He’s my SW watching partner. I’ll try to post a photo of him later.

[quote=“Mrs Angel Eyes, post:1, topic:2000”]
Malamute, 8 years young, 70kg![/quote]

What a cool guy

70 kg :o

If i were him,i’d claim thats because of the hair

As a search dog for buried people,as a guide dog for blind ones,horses to pull the plough (where i live its still handled so by some people) and so on

Perhaps because there are people who enjoy their company

For some time past in care homes pets are used as a therapy for old people

Now, whats up
Sometimes,but only sometimes i’d rather activate my brain before posting

P.S. Sled dogs

[quote=“Dillinger, post:2, topic:2000”]Cute.

I hate pets. Why do people raise animals without the purpose of eating them?[/quote]

Because they’re vegetarians like me?

I hate pets too, by the way

[quote=“Dillinger, post:2, topic:2000”]Cute.

I hate pets. Why do people raise animals without the purpose of eating them?[/quote]

Do you say the same thing about people? :wink:

I sure as hell would. :smiley:

AceHigh, do post the pic of your fellow. He watches SWs too? LOL

scherp: hate or just indifferent?

[quote=“Mrs Angel Eyes, post:8, topic:2000”]AceHigh, do post the pic of your fellow. He watches SWs too? LOL

scherp: hate or just indifferent?[/quote]

Hate.

I don’t hate animals, that wouldn’t make sense, I just don’t like the idea of sharing a home with one or more of them. Moreover so many people overhere have dogs that they have become a real nuisance.

If the pets have disturbed you in some way, it’s really the owners who are at fault for not handling them well. That should make you hate people more, not the pets :wink:

Who says I don’t?

But okay, that’s of course the explanation that’s always pushed forward. There’s some truth in it, but it’s not the whole story. People drink, but it’s the alcohol which makes them drunk. People buy cars, but the exhaust-gases pollute the air. People own dogs, but the dogs bite and shit in public places. You can’t simply cut a link from the chain of cause and effect. Moreover it’s easier to ban alcohol than people.

My hate is not profound, by the way. Hate is probably not even the right word, I’m not obsessive about these things. I usually enjoy those discussions between people who love pets and those who hate them.

I don’t usually enjoy reading/talking to people with two extreme different views. It often gets ugly and ends up being a agree-to-disagree thing.

Alcohol and cars, that’s a bit far - they are man-made to begin with, so it’s just human beings misusing these objects and self-destructing. They are different issues. Animals are removed from their natural habitat. It’s one thing to say you hate/dislike (if you ever settle on what exactly your stance is) pets, but to say that they are responsible for violating the rules of a habitat that’s not natural to them is a tad unfair. There are billions of things that trigger bad reactions in people, but those problems are reflections of themselves rather than the inherent badness of those things. JMO.

You make a good point MAE. I hate pet owners now! :slight_smile:

:smiley:

We have pets owners in my building/complex. The guy in my building has a Rottweiler. I’m sorry, a 170 pound (or 77 KG’s) Rottweiler named ‘Harley’. Both owner & dog a as nice as can be. Harley looks scary as shit but is lovable & very, very friendly. Then there’s the wack job in the building across from us who has 2 tiny little rat dogs that bark loud & often, so loud in fact that we can hear them at all hours even where I live. I feel for those that live in that building. The bitch owner has even gone so far as to put an 8x10 sign in her window that says ‘2 SMALL DOGS LIVE HERE!’. Obviously saying ‘Fuck You’ to those who have complained about the noise. It all depends on the owner. My observation is with pet owners (as well as with parents), they feel that their pets (or kids) are cute & the noises they make are OK. While your dog barking may not bother you (“dogs are supposed to bark” I’ve heard) it does bother others. Cats, fish & turtle owners don’t have that same problem.

Pets are like people some are arseholes and some are not.

ENNIOO as usual, your ability to sum up any situation in one sentence or less is uncanny :slight_smile:

That hits the nail on the head

Maybe Scherp is just allergic to fur? :wink:

Anyway, I think it’s terrible double standards really with those who care so much for their cats and dogs, but don’t ever think about the animals in the meat industry

Pigs for example are as intelligent as dogs, but are often treated in an appalling way during their short lives before slaughter

I’m not a vegetarian, and many animals eat other animals, so that’s not the problem, we’re all part of the eco-system

But I think everybody should try to get meat that are produced in a more ethical way, even if it’s more expensive. In fact meat is a luxury you don’t have to have everyday

Same with fish, 90 % of the large fishes are gone from the world’s oceans because of the industrial overfishing during the last decades. I think it’s depressing

All this is worth keeping in mind at least…

Amen Lindberg well said.

[quote=“Lindberg, post:17, topic:2000”]Maybe Scherp is just allergic to fur? :wink:

Anyway, I think it’s terrible double standards really with those who care so much for their cats and dogs, but don’t ever think about the animals in the meat industry

Pigs for example are as intelligent as dogs, but are often treated in an appalling way during their short lives before slaughter

I’m not a vegetarian, and many animals eat other animals, so that’s not the problem, we’re all part of the eco-system

But I think everybody should try to get meat that are produced in a more ethical way, even if it’s more expensive. In fact meat is a luxury you don’t have to have everyday

Same with fish, 90 % of the large fishes are gone from the world’s oceans because of the industrial overfishing during the last decades. I think it’s depressing

All this is worth keeping in mind at least…[/quote]

So, does this mean your not going to post a pic of your pet pepperoni named ‘spicy’ anytime soon Lindberg? :slight_smile:

Here he is :slight_smile: