“Once Upon a Time in the West” Blu-ray

After all these years of owning the BluRay, tonight I finally watched it (new 55" screen, I picked the restored English mono track this time). I thought the image quality was great, but not perfect. Totally fine though. The audio had some kind of beeping in a few moments, not sure where that came from. I will try the DTS Surround track some other time to compare. It is definitely a huge step up from the old DVD. When the menu comes up I pick the restored version over the theatrical version, even though it’s still not the definitive cut, I know. To me however still - after rewatching it I feel even more so - the most perfect of all spaghetti westerns.

Made some overdue updates to the entries, not sure if we’re still missing some, but we didn’t even have the Italian one listed… C'era una volta il West/BluRay - The Spaghetti Western Database

The runtime informations are wrong: "Runtime: 165 min / 169 "

This gives the impression that the restored version is considerably longer, but it is actually only 20 sec added.

I changed that.

thanks. I wonder if we are missing any more releases of it in general? what about Scandinavian countries, eastern Europe, Australia, etc?

Edit: Added the OZ version and this highly interesting 2016 limited edition: Amazon.co.uk

But it is actually worldwide the same release, the Paramount version, except for Italy.

Maybe some audio or subtitle options differ, but mostly (or always?) these are also the same.

Correct, but we want to be as comprehensive as possible :slight_smile: We’re a database

This just dropped on Netflix, HD. In case anyone wants to compare.