Once upon a time in America

[quote=“Mickey13, post:20, topic:1454”]Don’t have Blu Ray player yet, but if this one is released on Blu Ray, I’ll have to buy one! ;)[/quote]Good enough reason!
Usually i’m not that excited of all these redux and recut versions (GBU extended version for example) but I’m very intrerested to see this. Even though OUATIA is one of the longest films ever made it feels like some extra length would made it even better.

Yeah, I’d like to watch it in an uncut version as well. As far as I know, the only uncut version of OUATITW is in Italian.
As regards recut version of GBU, this is the only one I’ve seen, haven’t viewed shorter one, I’m always pleased to see films in the possibly longest edition.

i haven’t seen this movie yet, how long was? more than the titanic?? ??? 4 hours?

you haven’t seen it yet? oh boy… yeah it’s long… but worth every minute

Not really. The uncut version is imo the theatrical version as released in most countries. And which was never released on DVD.

The Paramount DVD is slightly cut, as is the Scorsese restoration, which is only another missed chance.

The newer Italian version, as released there on DVD, is most likely only a rough cut found in the private archives of Leone. It was probably the last step before the final version was prepared. And imo slightly worse than the theatrical version.

[quote=“Stanton, post:25, topic:1454”]Not really. The uncut version is imo the theatrical version as released in most countries. And which was never released on DVD.

The Paramount DVD is slightly cut, as is the Scorsese restoration, which is only another missed chance.[/quote]
So what it in the uncut theatrical release that isn’t on the Paramount/Scorsese DVD?

Not much. Check the film’s thread on page 20

Thanks - I think I’ve just about got my head around all the different versions :P.

Once Upon A Time In The West is a Spaghetti Western…

So Once Upon A Time in America is Eurocrime? :thinking::face_with_monocle: