News / Current Affairs Past & Present Discuss

JOHN MC CAIN is this man with his extreme views on Iraq and a square smile the

next president ?? :’( :-\

Can the better looking , more balanced MITT ROMNEY win the Republican nomination and
become president ??

Will the USA be left with the WORST possible choice between Obama :’( :-\ & McCain :’( ?

My prediction seems to be coming true unfortunately :’(

We now have a choice for next USA President between the WORST possible :

O’BUM-MER ??? and MC PAIN :’(

Can we organize a PETITION to KEEP GEORGE W. BUSH for another 8 Years please ??

Looks like it’s going to be a race between McCain and Obama
Two candidate who are not, what shall I say, very colourful or outspoken
McCain is a moderate conservative, Obama certainly not a liberal

I think the republic party isn’t very happy with this developement; in the first place McCain is all but the ideal candidate (they need christian right to win and won’t get much support from them) and Obama is not the ideal target for their famous smear campaigns.

Karl Rove is often mentioned as the mastermind behind those smear campaigns and I guess he would have preferred Hilary Clinton as a victim. I’ve already heard people talk about her on this forum as ‘a power hungry bitch’ and what’s more: she is the wife of Bill Clinton, whom most conservatives hate more than anybody else because of their failed attempts to start an impeachment procedure. Obama on the other hand, bears, as far as I can see, an irreproachable character. He may not be a very charismatic person, but most people have the idea that he is a nice guy. Moreover he is black (a least a little) and we all know that ‘polical correctness’ makes it difficult to discredit someone who belongs to one of the minorities, unless you have a very good reason to do so. If they want to start a smear campaign, they’ll have to come up with something very, very serious. But I have a feeling they won’t. It wouldn’t surprise if the republicans won’t try too hard to win these elections and go for the next ones (They did so after four years Clinton, when they sent Bob Dole on an impossible mission). Somebody must clean up the mess in Iraq, and as far as the republican party is concerned, it better be a democrat.

Yes I certainly agree that MUD Slinger Karl Rove will have to thread carefully if he wants
to soil O’BUM-MMER. The race angle is unwise and my best guess is that OBama’s lack of
experience, solid policies, likely “liberalism” are better bets with which to shoot at him.
Poor Hillary Clinton may be falling victim to Bill’s previous activities/old hatreds etc.

John Mc Pain would be my preferred choice of the 2 horses running :’(

But this man DONALD RUMSFELD I would LIKE For USA President

PRESIDENT BUSH CAN YOU PLEASE REMAIN IN POWER UNTIL 2016 ??

Here is the man himself President BUSH :

DEATH PENALTY SHOULD BE RESTORED FOR MURDER ? YES or NO

In the present Fearful Desperate Terror Filled Climate with MURDEROUS SADISTIC

Muggers Rapists Serial Killers Drug Addicts/Sellers

UK Killers just given “LIFE” sentences :

Steve Wright : Obese Stalker/Predator who strangled 5 Prostitutes In Ipswich.
Mark Dixie : Rapist Drugged Killer who Slaughtered & Raped Sally Ann Bowman.
Levi Bellfield : Grotesque Obese Monster who Raped, later Hammer Killed 2 Blondes.

SHOULD THE DEATH PENALTY IN UK/EUROPE be RESTORED and CARRIED OUT ?

SD’s VIEW is YES TO the DEATH Penalty.

Because when the state EXECUTES Evil Murderers it has 3 FACTUAL BENEFITS :

1. JUSTICE / RETRIBUTION for the Victims and the Family
  2. DETERRENT to other Criminals from murdering.
  3. PREVENTION the executed killer will NEVER for sure be able to Kill again

BRING THE DEATH PENALTY BACK NOW…I will pull the SWITCH on street muggers :slight_smile:

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:26, topic:831”]Because when the state EXECUTES Evil Murderers it has 3 FACTUAL BENEFITS :

3. PREVENTION the executed killer will NEVER for sure be able to Kill again[/quote]

1 + 3: Sure. Yes a dead-given. Death IS final :slight_smile:
2: No the death penalty doesn’t have a frightening effect I think that’s been proven countless times, so not a fact.

So what we have to consider is: should the judicial system have to act as an avenging angel ? I must say that I have no faith in a system which liquidates its own citizens. It may work in the States and China where the legal system has proved flawless where there’s no chance that a citizen will get falsely convicted :slight_smile: And yes I am being ironic.

I’m sorry, I should know better but I can’t say nothing on this topic.
My answer on should we bring back the death penalty is very straightforward. No. No. No.
I prefer my vengeance killings to take place in the mythical fantasy world of the old west. In the real world it’s not justice, it’s just plain nasty and I wouldn’t want any part of it.

[quote=“Phil H, post:28, topic:831”]I’m sorry, I should know better but I can’t say nothing on this topic.
My answer on should we bring back the death penalty is very straightforward. No. No. No.
I prefer my vengeance killings to take place in the mythical fantasy world of the old west. In the real world it’s not justice, it’s just plain nasty and I wouldn’t want any part of it.[/quote]

As Avatar points out, no judicial system is perfect. Innocent people can end up being executed. Better to let a criminal reflect upon his/her crimes over a long spell in prison. If you were wrongly convicted, there is still a chance you can get a retrial, no chance at all if you have been executed.

However I do believe that prisons in many countries, especially here in Ireland, are too much like holiday camps. While first time offenders who have commited relatively minor crimes have a right to be rehabilitated, serial offenders and those who commit serious crimes such as rape and murder should be locked up as a punishment - not sent to a government run four star hotel.

[quote=“Phil H, post:28, topic:831”]I’m sorry, I should know better but I can’t say nothing on this topic.
I prefer my vengeance killings to take place in the mythical fantasy world of the old west. In the real world it’s not justice, it’s just plain nasty and I wouldn’t want any part of it.[/quote]

No problem Phil :slight_smile: We want to hear all opinions.
I thought the subject was extremely important given the 3 sadisitic killers just sentenced.

QUESTION To Phil and other Pacifists

1. Phil if SALLY ANN BOWMAN (You know all the sadistic details of what Dixie did to her)
    If Sally had been YOUR DAUGHTER Phil would you not be in total agreement to
    have the DEATH PENALTY for this serial rapist/killer Mark Dixie ?
    Do you really want to PAY TAXES to keep this Dixie Fiend in “luxury” prison life ?
    Do you want to risk Dixie ever escaping or coming out of prison to KILL again ?

[quote=“AvatarDK, post:27, topic:831”]1 + 3: Sure. Yes a dead-given. Death IS final :slight_smile:
2: No the death penalty doesn’t have a frightening effect I think that’s been proven countless times, so not a fact.

So what we have to consider is: should the judicial system have to act as an avenging angel ? I must say that I have no faith in a system which liquidates its own citizens. It may work in the States and China where the legal system has proved flawless where there’s no chance that a citizen will get falsely convicted :slight_smile: And yes I am being ironic.[/quote]

Avatar thats an interesting/ironic analysis.

I would say despite various “tests” in the end if YOU KNOW that you will die for MURDER , then that by pure human self preservation has to be a DETERRENT !!

Opponents of death sentences raise the question of “innocent people” being executed
BUT my REPLY is this :

A. ALL the VICTIMS of the executed killer are/were INNOCENT and ALL the future
VICTIMS you are SAVING by executing evil murderers will also be INNOCENT.
Surely it is a price worth paying if very occasionally an “innocent” man is executed ?

Cian

You make some very good points indeed about how cushy/soft today’s prisons seem to be. Prisoners have 3 large meals ;D, TV/Video to enjoy, Gymnasium, Se-x Visits & More
Is that what prison is supposed to be ??? :’(

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:26, topic:831”]DEATH PENALTY SHOULD BE RESTORED FOR MURDER ? YES or NO

Because when the state EXECUTES Evil Murderers it has 3 FACTUAL BENEFITS :

3. PREVENTION the executed killer will NEVER for sure be able to Kill again
    [/quote]

4. is a given. However, 1 & 2 are not entirely correct. Many countries that have abolished the death penalty (or never had it in the first place) have low levels of serious crime that compare favourably to countries that do execute offenders. The deterrent debate is ongoing. As for point 1, I remember seeing a documentary about relatives of murder victims and how the justice system helped give them closure. What was most disturbing were the amount of relatives who said that the execution of the offender was in fact making their situation harder to cope with. They felt that yet another killing (even though state sponsored) was making their ordeal worse. They also said the feeing of helplessness to prevent the execution going ahead agaist their wishes further exacerbated matters. I guess none of will know how we would feel unless we are in that situation.

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:30, topic:831”]No problem Phil :slight_smile: We want to hear all opinions.
I thought the subject was extremely important given the 3 sadisitic killers just sentenced.

QUESTION To Phil and other Pacifists

1. Phil if SALLY ANN BOWMAN (You know all the sadistic details of what Dixie did to her)
    If Sally had been YOUR DAUGHTER Phil would you not be in total agreement to
    have the DEATH PENALTY for this serial rapist/killer Mark Dixie ?
    Do you really want to PAY TAXES to keep this Dixie Fiend in “luxury” prison life ?
    Do you want to risk Dixie ever escaping or coming out of prison to KILL again ?[/quote]

It’s a reasonable question but a common one in discussions on this topic.
Obviously, as a father of 3 daughters (and a son by the way) I can empathise with the families of these poor girls. But I can honestly say that although I would feel understandable rage if my own children were victims of such crimes I would not wish for the death penalty to be passed on anyone involved. My old mum always raised us with a nugget of wisdom I have carried my whole life. Simply put it is ‘two wrongs don’t make a right.’ Vengeance and retribution never solve anything. They just reduce us all to the same base level of brutality.

Death penalty is violation of human rights and in my mind any state with death penalty cannot be called civilized. It’s absurd that USA is wants to appear as messenger of democracy, culture and civilization but it’s the only western state with death penalty.

Some facts from Amnesty’s site:
*Since 1973, more than 125 people have been released from death rows throughout the country due to evidence of their wrongful convictions. In 2003 alone, 10 wrongfully convicted defendants were released from death row.
*A 2003 legislative audit in Kansas found that the estimated cost of a death penalty case was 70% more than the cost of a comparable non-death penalty case. Death penalty case costs were counted through to execution (median cost $1.26 million). Non-death penalty case costs were counted through to the end of incarceration (median cost $740,000).
*Ninety-five percent of death row inmates cannot afford their own attorney. Court-appointed attorneys often lack the experience necessary for capital trials and are overworked and underpaid. In the most extreme cases, some have slept through parts of trials or have arrived under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
*Lethal injection can cause excruciating pain.
*A report sponsored by the American Bar Association in 2007 concluded that one-third of African-American death row inmates in Philadelphia would have received sentences of life imprisonment if they had not been African-American.

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:31, topic:831”]Avatar thats an interesting/ironic analysis.

I would say despite various “tests” in the end if YOU KNOW that you will die for MURDER , then that by pure human self preservation has to be a DETERRENT !!

Opponents of death sentences raise the question of “innocent people” being executed
BUT my REPLY is this :

A. ALL the VICTIMS of the executed killer are/were INNOCENT and ALL the future
VICTIMS you are SAVING by executing evil murderers will also be INNOCENT.
Surely it is a price worth paying if very occasionally an “innocent” man is executed ?

Cian

You make some very good points indeed about how cushy/soft today’s prisons seem to be. Prisoners have 3 large meals ;D, TV/Video to enjoy, Gymnasium, Se-x Visits & More
Is that what prison is supposed to be ??? :’([/quote]
Well I just imagine how it would be if you were convicted wrongly, and be killed, a price most of us are willing to pay.

So having that said I am totally against death penalty. Nobody is supposed to kill anybody not even the state(thou shall not kill, right?). I think most high security prisons are not that easy to escape from. And they aint that nice to live in either.

I know it is easy to follow the instincts of redemption but a state and its legal system only works if it gets rid of the idea of redemption. There just aint no justice for a multiple killer. what you wannna do, kill him three times if he killed three persons? Rape him if he raped someone.
An eye for an eye is a system we luckily got rid of a few centuries ago.

Valenciano gets rid of SD:

[quote=“Lindberg, post:36, topic:831”]KILLER Mark Dixie ESCAPES and GETS RID of LINDBERG (who opposed Dixie’s execution):

[/quote]

:o :wink: :smiley:

Bad Luck Lindberg I told you Dixie needed to be EXECUTED but you said “spare him” :smiley: ???
Lovely smilies by Dixie …sorry by Lindberg :wink: Your photo has improved also !

@ Phil

You are a man with social conscience and I respect your death penalty views , even though I may not agree with them. The subject is very divisive/difficult and I think we should remember that neither Phil nor myself have ever had a loved one raped/killed.

@ Bill San Antonio

Again as I said with Phil your views plus impressively quoted statistics I fully respect.
I would point out though that opponents of the death penalty spend over 95% of their
time excusing/explaining on BEHALF of the sadistic KILLER. “He was abused”, “His mum
beat him as a child” and so on with the excuses. Always focusing on the criminal killer.

Myself and victims’ parents like LINDA BOWMAN (mother of poor raped/killed Sally)
more correctly & humanely spend over 95% of our time defending/remembering
THE VICTIMS , going on to then ask for the ultimate penalty against the killers= DEATH

If anybody asks later WHO is willing to pull the switch or inject the murderer so that the
death penalty is carried out I reply… HERE I AM…SD I WILL DO IT No Problem.
I read the Bowman VICTIM impact statement and was crying as Mrs Bowman lamented
having to see her 18 year beautiful dead daughter on a mortuary slab, raped & Killed.
After that I am 100% ready/willing/able to personally EXECUTE THE KILLER(s) if needed

@ Valenciano

I know you would object to being one of the innocent death row inmates executed :’(
But I see the overall picture and to me all the NUMEROUS Killer’s victims were innocent
Still given Bill’s USA figures/facts the subject is very debatable and all views I respect.

NOW where are the Forumites that SUPPORT the death penalty ? Come out please :smiley:

SD, it is not allowed to change the text of other members posts like you did, when quoting them!

“Quote from: Lindberg on Today at 06:29:43 PM
KILLER Mark Dixie ESCAPES and GETS RID of LINDBERG (who opposed Dixie’s execution)”

For this you will be executed!

I assure you Lindberg that I am “Innocent” of all the charges :o :smiley:

Lindberg awaits “execution” after watching too many Subtitled Sleepy Dramas ;D

I have “no idea” at all about “changing or breaching” any “copyright” :wink: texts quoted !!