New Forum Layout [Feedback and Questions]

And what about giving the post a certain color, ceslestial blue (like the welcome text) or grey (like my name in you answer ?

Possible, but blue would be too much and it does not fit the theme of the website so well, and if we do it gray, weā€™d have to change all other things on the page to something to add contrast, such as all the lines, all the tools, links, symbols, etcā€¦ which are currently grey. Just saying itā€™s complex :wink:

All my personal messages disappeared.

I am inquiring. Good question indeed. Now just to clarify: nothing is lost, thereā€™s backups of everything. But I will try to find out if the messages can be importedā€¦

Yea, what about the Christmas avatar? Will she be just a speck in the distance or just a round slice somewhere on her backside. :smile:

For Chrisssakes how can we lose Phil? Maybe he can come back as Hagar the Horrible or something :smile: At least we still have Ennioo! and good to see Chris!

1 Like

The new format is unnecessarily complicated. A steep hill to climb. I donā€™t use Facebook nor smart phone mail so all the extra features are wasted on me.

God, yes, yes, Christmas will be really fucked up if this isnā€™t changed until then. How am I supposed to enjoy these days with this tiny avatar? It wonā€™t work, it really wonā€™t work ā€¦ now I have a big turn of the year problem ā€¦

Hi Richard. Weā€™re here to help. I am sure once you get the hang of it youā€™ll like it. The new software does a lot of things differently, but itā€™s not as complicated in fact, a lot of functionality is out of your way if you donā€™t use it, and most things are kinda intuitive. I will post some more tutorials, have you read a few of the items in the welcome topic already?

Is somewhere a field/window, where i can see who is present right now in forum (i canā€™t find it) - like it was visible at the bottom in the old version

When iā€™m on main forum page, i can just scroll down and it just never ends. Imo, thatā€™s not very good idea to find things.

Hang on Seb, Iā€™ve got Richard_W on my ā€œmutedā€ list. How come I can still see his posts?

Not to my knowledge. The old functionality was somewhat flawed as it was more of a hint as to the past 15 or so minutesā€¦ but I will try to find out if something like that is planned

Why not? You can just scroll and scroll until you found it? Or you use the search, where is the problem?

But even better: Once you are in a topic, open the search from the top bar, and youā€™ll see a check mark that says ā€œsearch within topicā€. Does that help? Give it a try and let me know

I believe muting applies only to PMs and notifications

yes, i meant that ā€œ15 or so minutes hintā€ - i liked that - to see who was present, or still is

okay, i guess, itĀØs alright, itā€™s probably only my temporary puzzlement

I have set up a Sandbox topic for everyone to play around in

Funny, that quoted post from Richard W, I canā€™t see it, only as the quote.

Same here; Other posts I see two or three times (when somebody replied to them)

So old achievements are gone? Man, I will never be a Django now. And the small round avatars, and white on white, and I canā€™t see basic statistics of a member immediately, and there is no option to log out automatically after some timeā€¦ But I can learn to live with all of that, and if the search engine is really much better (have to play around with it a bit to judge) thatā€™s great.

My major issue/question is: maybe Iā€™m just too lazy to figure it out, but is there a way to see latest post of a topic, not first on top by default when I click on a topic? This clicking on ā€œGo to bottomā€ is annoying, especially with that bottom escaping while page loads. For now ā€œendless scrollā€ design to me seems more complicated and slower if you just want to check latest news in particular topic than old design with ā€œpagesā€.

1 Like