New Forum Layout [Feedback and Questions]

Sadly my avatar seems to have disappeared in the relaunch and I donā€™t have it saved to this computer so will go without for a while. Canā€™t be arsed sorting out a new one just now.

Well how about a new one, @Phil_H ? :slight_smile:
I will start a ā€œbrag with your new forum profileā€ topic soonā€¦

For the moment I donā€™t like the new design. I actually really dislike it

@stanton anything in particular? And is that in general or in comparison to the old one (which sucked, but people get used to things)?

The old forum was basically structured like every other forum is basically structured. I donā€™t see much reason to change this.

Of course, maybe it is only cause it is new now, and I probably need time to get used to it. Weā€™ll see

One reason why I changed it :slight_smile: It is definitely something to get used to, but once you get acquainted with quickly finding things, not having to click yourself through to things, you might start digging it. It was definitely not a decision made lightly, I can assure you, but I hope the benefits will trump the skepticism.

Continuing the discussion from New forum layout [feedback & questions]:

Of course, I knew that this was one reason.

Getting used to the new style myself now.

1 Like

You should try a background colour, celestial blue or something, which would lift our posts. Theyā€™re white on white now, as if theyā€™re floating in the air

Well, @scherpschutter it is a ā€œcleanā€ design. Any background color modification means that the entire rest of the design needs to be adapted to suit it, in order to ensure everything is still visible, such as navigation elements, and other layout elements. So itā€™s not just a matter of switching one color (white) with another, I am afraid. I am open to suggestions though, but these color things are usually a pain in the ass, because the minute you put in background colors, and boxes etc, a hundred other users will rebell because it looks like a lego website from the 80s :wink:

1 Like

Well ,for the moment it is unpleasant to read a post for me.

It all looks unstructured.

And the avatars are so little, and so round

Hi @stanton is it because it is ā€œlots of whiteā€, or are specific layout aspects unpractical for you? Just to make sure, can you please send me a screenshot so I know the new forum is definitely displaying correctly on your browser?

Another thing I am still doing however, is looking at other forums that use this software to see if there are certain design choice made that we could adoptā€¦

As I said somewhere else on the forum, aged hombres like me donā€™t usually like change; but, the changes here seem good to me.
I like the less cluttered look of the forum and it seems very easy to navigate, so far.
Nicely done, amigo(s)!

** As I also said in one of my previous two posts made todayā€¦
Thanks to the ease of tracking previous posts provided by this new layout, I discovered that I hadnā€™t posted anything since March of 2013ā€“until today!**

For an aged hombre such as myself, change isnā€™t always a good thing. But, I like the changes to this forum pretty well!
It looks nice and is proving to be easy to get around on (or in).
Bravo!

And I just realized that the above is my first post to this forum since March 2013!! :smile:

1 Like

I think that means you deserve a warm welcome back Chris! Your presence has been missed round these parts!

Nice to see you post Chris !

What made you log in out of curiosity then ? :smile:

Hello, Ennioo!
Curiosity is the main reason I logged back in, I suppose.
Sebastian had been posting about the changes for awhile and I thought I should check out what he had been up to.
:wink:

1 Like

I am awake nights working my ass off to not have the very same ass handed to me by El Casey :slight_smile: I hope I did a fairly good jobā€¦

How could I possibly hand you your ass if you have worked it off, amigo?
Ha ha!
You have done fine work, sir!
Many thanks!

2 Likes