Most villianous spagwestern villian?

Horst Frank is also a good baddie - not always as psycho as Kinski, but still good. I like his lunatic laughter.

Nino Castelnuovo is good in Massacre Time.

the japanese alfego from ‘today we kii tomorrow we die’ was really crazy!

1 Like

I gotta go with Indio. Thats one crazy dude!

1 Like

Yes, I agree, Indio for sure.

1 Like

The thing with Indio that makes him so scary, and this is just my take on him, is that inside, he’s not really evil.

Many of his acts of villainy involve the pocket watch, and afterward, we see Indio partaking of (I assume) cannabis to numb his senses. After dispatching Lorenzo Robledo and his family, Indio is desperate to get high. My reading of the situation is this: Indio’s first act of villainy took place in the heat of passion, in the murder/rape/suicide scene that we see spread throughout the film. It’s obvious to me in that scene that the rape victim isn’t an anonymous woman that Indio desires, but someone he knows, whom he has been lusting after for a long time, that he is in danger of losing to another man, and, perhaps, that he was denied access to because of his ethnicity (thus his name) or his class.

In the heat of the moment, he kills her husband, takes what he wants from her, and inspires her own death. From this point on, Indio is on a dark path. Once on this path, he cannot venture off of it, no matter his inner desires or conscience. The pocketwatch becomes a symbol of the dichotomy of Indio, the villain swamped with guilt, who suppresses his regret to the point that there is no evil act that he won’t commit. In the concluding gunfight, I believe that Indio feels both the need to survive, and a potential sense of relief that his crimes will have been avenged and that he can leave his guilt behind.

There are a lot of villainous villains in Spaghetti westerns, from Frank, who shot a child, to Mr. Sorrow, however, I would have to nominate the villains of the Zapata westerns, the Federale and Rurale leaders, because they are based on true people and help oppress a whole country. Outside of them, I would say Loco (Klaus Kinski, ‘Il Grande Silenzio’).

1 Like

alfio catabiano in pistoleros also

The villains of ‘Django’. Racist crackers…!!!

1 Like

I was watching LONESOME DOVE a few days ago and I was surprised to see there two villains of the most inhuman kind, two bastards that are hard to find even in Spaghettis. First one was the Comanchero butcher Blue Duck and the other one was Dan Suggs the ‘man burner’, a guy who killed two sodbustes in cold blood just because he ‘hated sodbusters’, burned them and then hanged them (they were still on fire when he hanged them). Easily on par with the most villainous villains of all SW. A bit off-topic, but I had to mention them, for the record.

Corrado Pani as Burt/Bart in Matalo! is very charismatic villain
one of my favorites is that albino lunatic from Django the bastard

Eduardo Fajardo in Tierra Brava/Pago cara su muerte as Trevor is very very evil !
As he put the burn cigar on the little son of Bogart,…

The most evil villain was Loco (Tigrero), but still my favorite bad guy was Scaif played by Bruno Corazzari - Taste of death (1968). He’s intelligent and looks great (I’d like to have a coat like his), just like the bad guy should look like. :smiley: