Most unpopular Spaghetti Westerns?

OK we all love the Genre but looking round the threads there are some SW’s which obviously don’t get much positive reactions from the fans.

The White, the Yellow and the Black
Corbucci, Gemma, Wallach, Milian … Great names in a not so great movie.

The Return of Sabata
Some might think it’s a masterpiece but for others it’s a more or less inferior sequel to the first Sabata with Lee Van Cleef.

Boot Hill
Another movie which some (Stanton) love but others hate. Maybe it’s because of the dancing scene at the beginning or the circus story or whatever…
:slight_smile:

Bad Man’s River.

Not the best by far. But I can still watch it on a generous day :smiley: .

No wonder I almost forgot everything of this movie. :wink:

Kid Vengeance. Or is there anyone who likes it?

God’s Gun - another late clunker

Four of the Apocalypse - my personal unfavorite and I know a lot of others who are not big fans but there are people who enjoy it.

[quote=“Frank Talby, post:5, topic:2554”]Four of the Apocalypse - my personal unfavorite and I know a lot of others who are not big fans but there are people who enjoy it.[/quote]I know this is hated by some but I believe majority of sw fans like it. So, I wouldn’t include it in “most unpopulars”.

Yeah, c’mon, it is more like one of the most popular films. If you ask people who only have a basic knowledge of films beyone the Leone spaghetti westerns, they will often include this listed among the best. I find Fulci has an extremely solid cult following, and fans of his horror stuff will seek out his other films.

No! I am a fan (I even rated it four stars on its thread0, and I’m not alone _ I know Bad Lieutenant likes it.

I don’t dislike it either

Gets too much praise, imo.

Yeah, I do.

I think it has a bad reputation because it’s known by most that Shobary hates it.

[quote=“Paco Roman, post:1, topic:2554”]Boot Hill
Another movie which some (Stanton) love but others hate. Maybe it’s because of the dancing scene at the beginning or the circus story or whatever…[/quote]

Also because most people probably watch that awful fullscreen version.

Really? It has a good cast and one of Milian’s very best performances. I can understand it not being to everybody’s taste, because Fulci’s style is very much on display with all the sadism and the gore. So, yes, it’s an unusual film, but that’s a good thing in my opinion. I don’t love it, but I don’t really see what’s to hate.

I like it as well.

Who on this board cares about Shobary’s likings?

I think it really shows how great a director Fulci really is… I wish it were as popular as The Beyond.

Most, but most also disagree with them.

surely " White Comanche" and “Trinity & Sartana… those sons of bitches” are unpopular? ??? they are with me anyway!

4 of the Apocalypse is surely not an unpopular film, otherwise it wouldn’t have made our top 50.

But it surely is a controversial film, and it surely is not a typical SW. I like it, but it is a disparate film for story and style. The directing is ok, in parts even good.