Man of the East / … e poi lo chiamarono il Magnifico (Enzo Barboni, 1972)

(korano) #21

No! :o

But I wouldn;t be to surprised if someone said it was because as stated elsewhere, Hill speaks perfect English. But according to Gordon Mitchell, he spoke little English back in the 60’s.

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #22

Yeah his english is near flawless now because he’s been living in the US for the past 25 years, although I’m not sure exactly where. I can imagine that this wasn’t always the case. But I doubt he would’ve been able to pull off a british accent.

(JonathanCorbett) #23

Well-made but not very interesting variation on Trinity’s theme, in which the only real SW ingredient - in form of parody - is the pair of bounty killers dressed in black. Good role for Riccardo Pizzuti.

(The Man With a Name) #24

I have to agree with Rod for the most part. I’ve only ever the old Warner VHS version but I doubt a widescreen DVD would improve this film much. It tries so hard to be funny but fails 95% of the time (I remember laughing at a few scenes but I can’t remember which ones).

Recorded this off of Movies4Men last week, I’ll have to check it out sometime.

(titoli) #26

I’ve watched this one the other night. It was ok, about the same level as Trinity, but 2 hours is really too long for this kind of movie.

(Wilco Vedder) #27

recently watched this one.
I think it was influenced by a Lucky Luke comic, at least is usues the same starting point and story line about a tenderfoot becomming a westerner with his English skills and western training. In the comic Lucky luke has the role of the 3 comrades.
Worth seeing, if it was only for Yantl Somer…

tenderfoot

Years after this movie Terence Hill is the lead in a lucky Luke movie and tv series :rofl: