The Man Called Invincible / Lo chiamavano Tresette... giocava sempre col morto (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1973)

From the 2nd Halleluja it was only a small step to the Tresette films.

Does Tressette translate to anything in Enlgish?

This is quoted from an Italian viewer in response to a question I had regarding the original title of CRAZY BUNCH.

Tresette (literally: threeseven) itā€™s a card game which is normally played by 4 players (2 couples) but sometime, can be played with the ā€œdead oneā€ (il morto), i.e. by three players, one of whom is playing with the dead one.

I likeit. It has a strange charm and is fun. The jokes werenā€™t funny but those in Dicke Luft were. But it really didnā€™t have a plot soooā€¦

Saw this one yesterday at the office, just to start the new year with a few laughs. I must confess I was never much into the comedy lot, even those Italian 70 and 80ā€™s comedies were never my cup of tea (unless they were sex comedies of course), I was more on the intellectual side of things, so that means Monty Phyton side of humour, but in any case I sometimes had to play along with the rest of the mates, and from time to time a Alvaro Vitali comedy was seen, mostly cause one guy in school looked like a copy of Vitali (still does) ;D (imagine the flack on the poor guy)
Anyway it wasnā€™t a waste of time, the film works like an normal Italian comedy from the period with the not so inspired and very direct gags, but in a all the film worked for me, and more than the gay jokes, notice some strong drug use direct references, only possible on that time in films of this kind for an all audience, first Hilton sniffing gold lik if it as coke, and then one of the devil dressed henchmenā€™s was clearly smoking a joint.
Hilton was perfect for this parts and Huerta not seeming the Spencer time (lacked a few more inches), was even so believable as the bull alike character.
The crowd here also liked, it was a success I might say, but they are happy with little.
Anyway must have some more of this stuff if I have a lot of Italian sex comedies (most of it not funny at all, but the babe factor is indeed quite interesting), I can also have some of this stuff, and in my opinion these are much different films from the Trinita ones.

I think funniest thing in the film was Tony Nortonā€™s character Twinkletoes who is always trying to beat Tricky Dicky in a duel. Joke continues in the sequel Crazy Bunch which I think is better film, more crazy character with stupid names, more over-the-top humor and absurdity.

Had avoided this one for years but have now reached the point in my Spaghetti watching where the avoided can be avoided no longer unless I give up on new stuff and just rewatch what Iā€™ve seen before. So, after 10 minutes Iā€™m already drifting off. I fight it to try and see it through and I successfully saw the end but I have to be honest and say there was a big half hour hole in there that I slept through and Iā€™m not inclined to go back to see what I missed.
The kindest thing I can say is that this is really not my cup of tea.
Iā€™ll have to wait till Iā€™m in a stronger frame of mind to take on The Crazy Bunch.

Footnote: Boring and unfunny is one thing, but putting a moustache on Rosalba Neri?!? Thatā€™s just sacrilege. :o

Yes me to, the day will comeā€¦but in no rush.

Canā€™t think of anything worse than a comedy thats not funny.

another total wast of time and money >:(
the crazh bunch itā€™s even much more trash than this

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2022 thread:

1 Like

Anyone happen to have the Italian DVD release? I was just examining my copy of the South African DVD, and it appears to be a PAL->NTSC conversion. Its also really low resolution, basically like a letterboxed DVD and it has the Italian title in the opening credits with the English title added digitally underneath it (the English title even extends off the picture and into the black bottom border.) The AR on the South African DVD is actually 2.2:1 instead of 1.85. Runtime is 1hr21m.

Iā€™m wondering if this DVD was produced using the Italian DVD since its a conversion from PAL source. But according to the Amazon product page, the Italian DVD is 1.78:1 and runtime is 1hr26m. Not that this info is always correct

Or maybe someone knows of other releases not listed in the DB

This filmā€™s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Please report errors and submit links, text, reviews, information, facts, trivia, pictures and more.