Luciano Vincenzoni's treatment for 'Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo' sequel

If the working title was “Ray the Magnificent” I am wondering why he even is called Joe. Translation from Italian to English? I can’t imagine because why change the name of a character.
If ray was the intended name, Joe is indeed a “noname” for the character.

Uhh … is Gosling’s role name also Joe? In that case it is of course a different thing.

Otherwise I don’t understand you.

Btw, as you understand Italian, what has the Italian trailer to say about our Joe?

Maybe simply because Joe sounded better? Still as I said, Leone wasn’t in his westerns much interested to give them “real” names nor a believable background.
But the No-Name concept was an advertising idea of the Americans. And created after the complete trilogy was released in Italy. I’m not sure if I ever read anything from Leone about that.

He also changed the film’s title, and the new one also sounds much, much better than Ray the Magnificent (very bad) or The Magnificent Stranger (not that good either).

SPOILER ALERT - the point is that he is given the name “Joe” by his hologram girlfriend as just a name to replace “K”. However, he then finds out that he is not actually the “naturally born” one after all and hence is just another regular replicant. As a result, when the blue-haired lady above says “You look like a good ‘Joe’” she is referring to the fact that he is just an “Average Joe”.

How would that help? By the way, while I can stumble through written Italian based on my knowledge of French, Spanish and Portuguese, I can’t make any claim to speak it.

I’m just curious. Joe is mentioned pretty often in that trailer.